Chocolate Pistachio Zucchini Bread (V + GF + DF); make this delicious and healthy donut your new favorite breakfast on the go! Rich, delicious and moist, this recipe is also Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Refined Sugar-Free.
I love life. One of the things I love the most about life are the gaps between the lines, because you get to write your own story. The world is filled with limitations and misconceptions, so I love it when something or someone sort of break the rules, pushing beyond these limitations, exposing us to a whole new field of possibilities, and giving us hope that we can too, go beyond our own limitations.
Why am I being so philosophic ?
I hope I didn’t confuse you… Lol. It’s just me, your same ol’ foodie friend 🙂 However, there are many things that you don’t know about me. No need to panic and nooo this is not confession time, ha-ha. I simply felt inspired by this recipe, because what else would inspire me, right?
What I am trying to say is that, I have an inclination and find inspiring the story of those who have raisen against the odds, and I think in many ways my life’s path have taken me to places I’ve never dreamed of. And this is to say the last.
This recipe, my friends, is another great example of breaking the rules of misconception. Know why? think of one word that describes a “donut”…actually, think of two words, as I am sensing you picked the first one to be “yummy” (totally agreed!), however the correct answer would be unhealthy, sugary, fattening, junk! Well, NOT THIS DONUT friends, not this donut!
This Chocolate Pistachio Zucchini Donut is super healthy, a feel-good-to-eat kind of donut for your busy mornings. Grab-and-go food never tasted so good! This donut recipe is made with fresh zucchini, spinach (yep, you won’t see, you won’t taste but know it’s there), pistachios, gluten-free flour, homemade apple sauce and sweetened with agave, simply the best ingredients on earth.
This recipe comes with bragging rights, yes I said it! 🙂 walk to your desk while you bite into this delicious most chocolaty HEALTHY donut, and watch your colleagues drool madly. Now picture that in slow-mo!
This drool worthy donut recipe is one step away from sitting on your plate. I won’t keep it from you any longer… Friends, here it is… and WELCOME!
Chocolate Pistachio Zucchini Donut
- Shred the zucchini and transfer to a paper towel. Squeeze all the excess liquid than measure to one cup packed full. Transfer to a bowl.
- Crop the spinach into tiny pieces, basically as small as you can turn them into. Add to the zucchini bowl.
- Add the agave, coconut oil, apple sauce and coconut milk to the zucchini bowl and mix to combine.
- Using a food processor or (I used a mortar and pestle), mash the pistachio into smaller pieces. I like to leave some pieces bigger than other, and some real fine, especially to sprinkle on top.
- Add the pistachios (set aside some for topping) and remaining ingredients (dry ingredients) in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add the dry mix into the zucchini mix and fold to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased donut pan and bake at 375F degrees for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Did you enjoy this recipe? I’ve picked a few others for you to try…