These Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are deliciously gluten-free, mega flavorful and entirely made in a blender!
Zucchini is in high season, which means that we home gardeners are making a whole lot of zucchini recipes and still can’t get rid of them all. Luckily, zucchini is one of those amazing super-versatile veggies that can serve multiple purposes.
However, you don’t have to own a garden to get your hands on fresh zucchini and pay a lot for it these days too.
In fact, this is my favorite part of cooking and eating seasonally! The food is so much rich and flavorful because it was able to fully grow and mature in natural conditions. Plus, due to abundance, you often find great bargains, sales or coupons.
Although I love making savory dishes using zucchini, perhaps using it as an ingredient to make sweets and baked goods is my preferred choice because it makes for irresistible treats without the guilt, which is exactly what this recipe is about.
These double chocolate zucchini muffins are flourless and made with rolled oats, real cocoa (not the mixed stuff) and sweetened with honey, making these muffins deliciously gluten-free, low sugar and a healthy choice to start your day!
Got a lot of zucchini? Your family will enjoy these delicious, soft, moist and flavorful muffins. Plus they are a great back-to-school lunch option!
- 2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 2 cups packed zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup honey/ maple
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- handful chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Place 7-8 large muffin cups on a cookie sheet or spray muffin pan and set aside
- Add the rolled oats to a high power blender and work it for about a minute or until the oats turn into fine grains.
- Add the next four ingredients (dry ingredients) and blend to combine (30 - 45 secs)
- Add liquids, including zucchini and blend for 1-2 minutes until batter is uniform. Don’t over work it!
- Pour batter into muffin cups or muffin pan, about ¾ full. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Insert toothpick in the center of the muffin, if it comes out clean it’s done. Let it cool off before serving.