This oven broiled sheet pan sausage and peppers is a quick recipe, only 15-minutes of cooking time. If you are ready to transition your wintery meals to spring foods, this recipe is for you!
Toss the ingredients in a sheet pan and let the broiler cook the sausage and blister the veggies, giving this dish a grilled-like taste and feel that is unbelievably irresistible!
As much as I like to think that spring is here, those of us who live in the northern atmosphere know all too well that although we see a few subtle signs of spring, there is still a bit of ways until we can finally pull the covers off our grill and literally go nuts, grilling everything in sight!
Until then I have just the recipe for you. This sheet pan sausage and peppers is cooked in the over, under the broiler for 15 minutes. Full of flavor, color and amazing texture, the sausages taste just like a grilled sausage and the veggies are blistered and perfectly done.
I love how quickly this recipe comes together and it’s quite versatile too. For instance I have a kid who tossed the sausage in a hot dog bun and fixed it like so. It looked delicious but I had my mind set on enjoying it next to my beans and rice.
Wrapped, sliced or whole, I think you will find many ways to enjoy this sheet pan sausage and veggies.
I like to think this is a happy transition from wintery foods to spring meals. We are still cooking indoors but getting that outdoor taste that most of all crave so much around this time.
what you need to make sheet pan sausage and peppers
- a large sheet pan. The veggies should not be over crowded to ensure even cooking
- your favorite sausage of course. I am using a Walden Local farmer’s blend but any sausage will work.
- if you find those adorable sweet mini peppers grab a bag otherwise bell peppers will work just fine. I kept some peppers whole but mostly sliced
- onion sliced lengthwise, because onions make everything tastier.
- I used vine tomatoes but you are welcome to omit if you like. If you love tomatoes as much as I do, add them to the pan you won’t regret!
- for seasoning and flavorings I used olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and all-purpose seasoning. I mention in the recipe cart that you can use any seasoning you like 🙂
I don’t know about you but over the years I became a huge fan of sheet pan meals because they are very much hands off, easy to clean and adaptable to many combinations, so it’s never boring.
For those reason I have focused on creating many sheet pan meals over the years. Here are a few sheet-pan meal ideas to make dinner time easy and fun for you:
If you make this Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a star rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- Sheet Pan
- 1 lb italian sausages, or any flavor you like
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb colorful sweet peppers or bell peppers, whole and halved
- 1 white onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup vine tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- fresh cilantro or pasley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp each, oregano and all-purpose seasoning
- Start by seasoning the sausage, peppers, onions and tomatoes with oil, salt, pepper, oregano and all-purpose seasoning. Feel free to add any other seasoning you like. It's easy to toss all the ingredients in a large bag and shake it until everything is well coated. You can also directly season on the sheet pan, using a pair of tongs or your clean hands.
- Pierce a few openings in the sausage with a pointy knife, only about 1/2 inch deep. Arrange the sausage, peppers, onions and tomatoes on the sheet pan without over crowding the space.
- Place sheet pan about 3/4 of the way up in the oven and broil for 15 minutes. Be sure to stir half-way through.
- When done garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley and serve.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.