Double the deliciousness with these indulgent Dulce de Leche Chocolate Sandwich Cookies!
It’s December! Throughout the year we have navigated over many food trends and seasons, obsessing over light and healthy, to meal-prepping like queens, jumping into the instant pot train, and diving into the pie game as if our lives depended on. But as always, we saved the best for last. COOKIES!
December brings togetherness and there is no better way to celebrate the holidays, families and gatherings, than with cookies.
These Dulce de Leche Chocolate Sandwich Cookies are the ultimate holiday indulgence with a side reward; they are packed with Collagen!
Why not take something that’s good and make it great, right!
These chocolate cookies have a deep rich cocoa flavor and a brownie like consistency that is irresistible. Made with little sugar and thin enough to double into the perfect sandwich cookie with a creamy layer of dulce de leche.
In in case you never made dulce de leche before, this Instant Pot Dulce de Leche recipe is so easy it will blow your mind, but you can find it in stores too, the thing you need to know about dulce de leche is that you haven’t fully lived until you try this heavenly caramel-like cream.
Lastly, these Dulce de Leche Chocolate Sandwich Cookies are packed with Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer mocha flavored, because there is absolutely no reason why we can’t. In fact, you can feel good about eating these delicious sandwich cookies knowing that you are replenishing your body with its missing collagen!
If you get too exciting and decide to make dulce de leche all the time (this totally happened to me!), you can put it to good use and make these gorgeous holiday Dulce de Leche Truffles too!
But don’t just make these for yourself, be sure to gift it to someone you love, after all the homemade goods make the best gifts from the heart.
Dulce de Leche Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 cup 8oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer Mocha
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until melted and incorporated and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the flour, Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer Mocha, cacao powder, baking powder, and sea salt to combine
- Using a stand mixer beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- Drop small scoops of batter into prepared baking sheet leaving 2inch of space apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The middle should still be soft to touch. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow it to cool off for about 10 minutes
- Spread a generous layer of dulce de leche onto flat side of the cookie (bottom) and attach it to another cookie making a sandwich.