These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are a deliciously gluten-free option for your morning breakfast or as a tasty healthy snack!
Muffins have quickly become a staple in my kitchen. Long ago, I thought of it as sugar bombs (agh!) granted most store bought muffins are loaded with sugar and a handful of other ingredients in which I try to avoid as much as possible.
Thankfully this has changed a lot for me, since my baking journey begun, and stores are starting to bring more natural-ly conscious foods to their shelves. However, in all honesty I still rather bake my own because it’s easy, fun and I still get to limit what goes into my muffins.
Chocolate or No Chocolate?
A few quality chocolate chips are totally fine and can definitely bring your muffins up a notch, but the choice is really yours! What I like to do is to sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top instead of mixing it in the batter. This way its easy to scrape it off, should one of us choose to eat a muffin without chocolate.
As a family of six, there is rarely a recipe that ‘fits all’, so I learned to be creative and change things up a bit, so everyone is happy.
Think of a fresh, soft moist and flavorful pumpkin bread in a muffin cup. You and your family will love to wake up to this recipe every morning!
To make this muffin recipe all you need are few and simple ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry and 10 minutes to prep the batter.
To make this recipe deliciously gluten-free I used this flour, which is my favorite because it works just like the traditional all-purpose flour, except that it’s gluten-free. The apple sauce acts as a natural sweetener and helps make these muffins super soft and moist! For my choice of sweetener I used 100% maple but you can substitute for honey or your preferred choice. Finally, a few gluten-free chocolate chips are the most scrumptious topping, adding a bit of nuttiness and sweetness without overdoing it.
I know your family will love this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffin, so let’s get to the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffin (Gluten-free, Dairy-free)
- 1 can 15oz pumpkin puree
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl add in the pumpkin puree and apple sauce and whisk to combine. Add in the beaten eggs, syrup and whisk until uniform.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt and stir to combine.
- Add flour mix to the pumpkin mix and fold. You can add the chocolate chips at this point if you like, however I like to add on top (only).
- Bake for 33-35 minutes or until top develops a nice crust. Insert a fork or toothpick to make sure its thoroughly cooked. Remove from oven and let it cool off completely before serving.
Please consider sharing this recipe with your family, friends or follower. I love and appreciate each one of you reading my blog and am always excited to welcome new foodies!
From my family’s table to yours…