A Turkey Broth recipe that is buttery creamy with tiny onion bites. This all-purpose Instant Pot Turkey Onion Gravy is perfect for all your holiday celebrations!
Table of Contents
Have you ever made a recipe that absolutely changed everything for you? This just happened to me thanks to this AMAZING Instant Pot Turkey Onion Gravy! Take my word for it, this Turkey Broth recipe is life changing and don’t be surprised if someone end up eating it like soup. It’s that good!
First off, I’ll probably gain a lot of enemies by saying this but I did not like gravy before. It never made it to my plate, not over turkey or chicken, or beef, or potato, not over anything I am afraid.
But deep inside I was still trying to reconcile the idea of being one-of-those people I truly didn’t want to be, when this recipe idea came to mind. What if…
The turkey broth recipe is so flavorful no one can resist!
Not even me!
It’s either the flavor or the texture. Or both. And this can be resolved with flavor boosting onions and a delicious creamy texture with tiny bits of onion, in case the plain thick stuff doesn’t go down so well.
And so I had gravy using Turkey broth, lots of gravy in fact. Both flavor and texture were spot on delicious, buttery creamy with an occasional tiny crunchy onion bite and a hint of thyme.
I made this Turkey Broth recipe last week along with this Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce and served with these delicious Brown Butter Sage Sweet Potatoes, Maple Glazed Green Beans and off course Apple Sage Stuffing. I bought some turkey meat at a local farm and celebrated our early Thanksgiving dinner, as it has been part of our family tradition.
I was so pleased that the kids enjoyed the two new additions to our traditional menu, this homemade Turkey Onion Gravy using the Instant Pot and the homemade cranberry sauce. Honestly I was just waiting for them to ask for the store-bought stuff but they did not, and we all had second servings.
If you are lookin’ to add your own touch to your gravy this year, I think this is a Turkey Broth recipe to try and like I said earlier don’t be surprised if someone eats it up like soup 🙂
If you make this Turkey Broth recipe be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a star rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag #gardeninthekitchen on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Instant Pot Turkey Onion Gravy
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cups turkey broth
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Turn the instant pot on sauté mode. Melt the butter and add in the onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Then add in turkey broth and fresh thyme. Cancel sauté mode.
- Close the lid and turn valve into lock position. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When done cooking allow for natural pressure to be release.
- Transfer about 6-8 tbsp of the hot turkey broth into a small bowl and stir in whole wheat four until it forms a paste. Pour this flour paste into the instant pot and turn pot on sauté mode. Stir until dissolved and broth thickens (about 5 minutes). Season with sea salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove thyme stem and transfer gravy into a gravy boat and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.