This Pumpkin Walnut Bread is a delightful Fall treat that is not overly sweet and made with seeds, nuts and whole wheat flour!
It’s that time of the year when all the pumpkin-flavored everything (even floss!) are flooding the store shelves and taking over the internet. It is the biggest food-frenzy during these months and luckily it can come in many forms too!
We are food lovers at heart. Not because we need to eat to live, but rather because we live our lives madly in search for the next best meal. But when pumpkin season arrives, the craziness gets multiplied and goes far beyond the food isle.
What’s So Special About Pumpkin Walnut Bread?
Hmm… the flavor itself!
And the flexibility to infuse this delicious pumpkin flavor into so many things!
It doesn’t take much. Pumpkin has a very distinct flavor, color and odor which makes it very easy to manipulate our favorite recipes into fall-inspired ones like this pumpkin roasted cauliflower, which adds quite a bit of flavor to what would otherwise be, a bland vegetable. And of course, all the baked goods like pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin donuts!
Now with this Pumpkin Walnut Bread, the list is complete!
This Pumpkin Walnut Bread Recipe includes your basic cake with fall inspired flavors such as cinnamon, ginger, walnuts, flaxseed, pumpkin seeds and of course pumpkin!
Not overly sweet and made with whole wheat flour, this delicious pumpkin snack bread has walnut pieces in every bite, and a super soft and moist texture with deep flavors. Perfect for an afternoon snack, paired with a delicious pumpkin latte!
If you make this Pumpkin Walnut Bread Recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond to all your comments. Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram for a special shout out and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
Pumpkin Walnut Bread
- 9 x 5 loaf pan
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tsp each cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add in all the dried ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, and maple syrup until combined. Stir in lemon zest, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- Pour flour mix into egg bowl and stir until no white streaks remain. Fold in 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Pour batter on to loaf pan and add remaining walnuts and pumpkin seeds on top. Bake for 45-48 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool down before serving.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.