This delicious breakfast burrito is pack-filled with flavorful ranchero beans, fluffy scrambled eggs, roasted peppers, onions and lots of cheese!
One of the things that excite me the most when traveling, is to search for great food spots. This doesn’t always add up to a big fancy place with a valet at the door. Sometimes it’s the small, quaint and charming little places that offers the best food, atmosphere and services.
This turned out to be true about most places we visited on Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice CA. There were lots of small shops, stores and quaint little restaurants to put any foodie on a eternal food coma!
Among many delicious restaurants I got to try during my recent trip to LA, these two stood out the most. The Butcher’s Daughter and Green Leaf Gourmet Chopshop. You walk in speechless only to be greeted by astonishment! I mean… both places would have me broke by a years time, if I lived in LA 🙂
Inspired by the delicious breakfast burrito I ate at The Butcher’s Daughter, I came back home determined to make this special my daily breakfast.
This delicious breakfast burrito is pack-filled with flavorful ranchero beans, fluffy scrambled eggs, roasted peppers, onions and lots of cheese! This is a tasty and fulfilling breakfast, that you will enjoy eating day after day.
Yes, the next day too! These ranchero beans breakfast burritos taste just as amazing the next day or two days after. But be sure to heat your refrigerated burritos in the oven (350F degrees for up to 10 mins) as other methods may turn it soggy and cause it to fall apart.
Serve your delicious Ranchero Beans Breakfast Burrito with fresh avocado and a handful of cilantro, for a trip to LA’s best foodie corner, right in your kitchen!
Ranchero Beans Breakfast Burrito
- 6 habanero lime tortillas or any of your preference
- 1 can 15oz ranchero beans rinsed
- 6 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Mexican style shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a medium size skillet. Add in onions and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a medium size skillet. Whisk eggs in a bowl to combine. Pour the eggs in the buttered skillet and stir using a soft spatula until cooked (about 5 minutes). When cooked through remove from stove and set aside.
- When done, remove onion and peppers from skillet. Set aside. Using the same skillet add in the rinsed beans to warm (2-3 minutes). Remove from stove
Arranging the Burrito
- Lay a single habanero lime tortilla on the table/ counter. Add a generous spoon full of eggs to the center of the tortilla. Then add a tbsp size scoop of beans, onions and peppers and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bring the two sides to the center (left, right) and hold it down while with your thumbs bring the bottom flap over the side folds. Hold it in place while you bring the top flap over, closing the burrito. Flip the burrito down, keeping the open side down at all times. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with avocado and sour cream.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.