Easy, healthy and delicious, this sheet pan chicken fajitas using chicken sausage is all about the flavor and versatility. Cook everything at once, for as little as 20-minutes and serve it any way you like!
This recipe has been sponsored by al fresco all natural chicken sausages but all opinions stated are my own.
Sheet pan dinners are superior! We tend to overly rely on stovetop cooking and forget that there are so many other methods of cooking a meal. What makes sheet pan dinners so great is the hands-off, all-in-one, set-and-forget approach. This means less time in the kitchen, less clean-up and MORE time for what really matters, like catching up with my family at the end of the day.
This sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe using chicken sausage is all about the flavor and versatility, allowing my family to create a customizable plate whether that be a taco, quesadilla or a big bowl (my favorite!).
In short, quick and easy dinner recipes is what I am all about and for this reason I am beyond excited to partner with al fresco in their ambassadorship program to bring you more easy healthy and delicious recipes for your everyday cooking, like this chicken sausage pasta skillet!
about al fresco chicken sausages
If you're not familiar with al fresco chicken sausages, you are in for a treat because they are fully cooked which makes cooking easy. Al fresco chicken sausages are also minimally processed, made from chickens raised with no antibiotics and its gluten-free.
Additionally, al fresco has a huge selection of chicken sausages covering all your meals from breakfast sausages, dinner sausages, meatballs and bacon. Find them all here.
Cooking with al fresco chicken sausages has allowed me expand my options in the kitchen, create flexible time-saving meals yet maintaining the high quality and nourishment that I always strive for.
how to make sheet pan chicken fajitas using chicken sausage
- For this recipe we will need one large sheet pan, lined with parchment paper for easy clean up. Go ahead and pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Wash and prep your bell peppers and onion. I used a yellow, orange and red bell pepper but you can use any color you like. Also slice the al fresco Mexican-style chicken sausages to about 1 ½ inches thick. Remember, the chicken sausage is already cooked so all you're doing is heating it up.
- Season the peppers and onions with chili, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. The chicken sausage is already flavored, but you are welcome to toss them in seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the peppers are cooked and chicken sausage is heated through.
This recipe is perfect on its own, in a taco, quesadilla or bowl! Add your favorite sides such as guacamole, beans, rice and tortillas, garnish with fresh cilantro and you are good to go!
If you make this sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe using chicken sausage, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage Fajitas
- Sheet Pan/ Baking Sheet
- 1 pk al fresco Mexican style chicken sausage
- 3 bell peppers, cut lengthwise
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each, chili, paprika and oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place sliced peppers, red onion wedges and chicken sausage in sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with chili, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss to comine.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pepers are cooked and chicken sausage has heated through.
- Serve these chicken sausage fajitas with guacamole, rice, beans, tortillas, sour cream.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the "Save" button.
Leave a Reply