This invigorating Strawberry Chia Lemonade is a delicious healthy and energy boosting drink. Quite irresistible for it's appealing gel-like form, this drink is also packed with omega-3, protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals from the chia seeds. A must try!
I confess I am always falling for the new products on the market, especially if is food related. I get so curious about everything-food and want to try it so bad... but sometimes the price isn't quite digestible. I remember I used to buy this delicious guava chia juice at Whole Foods (for no bargain, believe me!) and it was quite a treat.
...from a deal breaker to a recipe maker
Unfortunately, after a while the no-bargain-thing becomes a deal breaker for me but I do miss the guava flavor! The good news is, there is nothing that can't be re-done and I've got the passion in my bones... so here it is 🙂 No guava tho, at the price of almost $5 a piece for a likely not ripe, fresh or flavorful fruit (on point, as my teenage daughter would say!) it's not worth the price.
...choosing the flavor
As some of you may know through my Instagram feed, I have a beautiful garden and lately I have been picking more strawberries than I can eat. So I am always looking for new recipes to use my fresh gorgeous delicious strawberries... well, you get the idea. I am so glad I decided to make this recipe with strawberries because it came out so wonderfully tasty and I get to make good use out of my fresh berries.
Making this drink with chia seeds was so much fun! I love to watch them grow and become little jelly like things and they are fun to eat too. Did you know chia seeds can grow to 12x their original size when added to water?
...why you should try this
aside from the array of health benefits, this strawberry chia lemonade is a drink you must try!
- because it's something different, cool and quite fancy honestly
- it's very tasty as is, but you can adapt to your fruit of choice
- it's an energizing, invigorating and boosting healthy drink
- makes for a great party drink.. woohoo!
- can be fun for the kiddos
- makes you feel like a cool cat 🙂
I truly hope you enjoyed this recipe. I most certainly have enjoyed every bit of the process and can confidently say, this was one of the funnest recipe I created and it was very tasty too. If you decide to try this, please PLEASE share your thoughts in the comments below!
Strawberry Chia Lemonade
- In a mason jar add 1 cup of filtered water and the chia seeds, cover and set aside for a few hours (overnight preferably)
- Add the strawberries, ½ cup water and maple syrup to a blender cup and blend in high speed for 1 minute.
- Mix the strawberry juice with the chia water.
- Squeeze in juice from a fresh lemon. Shake well and serve.
See you again soon 🙂