This super moist Zucchini Almond Cake is gluten-free with a hint of citrusy flavor and crunchy almond bites!
It’s zucchini harvesting season and from the looks of it, I can bet you are all looking for ideas to cook with this delicious low-carb vegetable.
The good news is –I am too!! My zucchinis are taking over my garden, and I have been exhausting my creative noodles (in a good way 🙂 ) to come up with ways to enjoy all my fresh zucchinis. The results have been nothing but AMAZING!
We all love eating grilled, sautéed and steamed zucchini, right? There is no question about it!
But have you tried baking with it?
Using zucchini to bake is a delicious way to incorporate more vegetable in your diet, eat seasonally and turn what otherwise would be an unhealthy treat into a more nutritional bite!
I am no stranger to cooking with zucchini, in fact –this Chicken Zucchini Skillet is a regular at my house!
But this Zucchini Almond Cake might just be next BEST thing!
Made with gluten-free flour and sweetened with honey (no refined sugars!), this Zucchini Almond Cake is super moist with a hint of citrusy flavor and crunchy almonds!
This is your ticket to a delicious guilt-free dessert. Top with a thin layer of frosting or sprinkle with confectioning sugar for a irresistible treat (optional, not pictured)!
Zucchini Almond Cake Gluten-Free
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted almonds chopped
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 orange juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Place parchment paper on a 9x9 baking sheet, leaving sides hanging for easy pulling. Spray pan and parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the first 7 ingredients (dry ingredients) to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk the next 6 ingredients (wet ingredients) to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large flour bowl and fold to combine. Gently fold until the batter is uniform.
- Pour into the prepared 9x9 baking sheet and bake for 20-22 mins. Insert toothpick, if it’s clean remove from oven and let it cool completely before cutting into squares.
- (Optiona) to sprinkle with confectioning sugar or cover with a thin layer of frosting!