This healthy low-carb Chicken Zucchini Skillet in a deliciously flavored light broth with vine tomatoes and mushrooms only take 30-minutes to make!
Garden lovers, I hope you are getting your hands dirty and enjoying a bountiful season!
There is no better way to celebrate the Sun, Earth and it’s fruits then cooking up something straight from the garden. Who needs a recipe when you have fresh zucchini, tomatoes and lots of aromatic herbs growing right outside of the kitchen, right?
Oh wait… that was non-sense talk, haha. You will definitely need this recipe 🙂
The good news is, NO you don’t need to be a gardener to enjoy this mighty awesome meal. All you need is a few fresh ingredients, a spirilizer which I highly recommend and 30-minutes of your time!
This chicken skillet with zucchini noodles is an incredibly flavorful healthy meal that is also low-carb. As you sauté the vegetables, they will naturally release moisture which added to the delicious aromatic flavors of garlic and oregano, it becomes a light broth that you can sink the zoodles in for extra flavor and moisture.
This recipe only takes 30-minutes to make. Preparing the vegetables while the chicken cooks, is key to keep time down to a bare minimum.
I hope you enjoy this delicious low-carb summer recipe!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Sea salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms
- 2 vine tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup zucchini, chunks
- 2 cups zucchini noodles
- Wash and pat dry chicken with paper towels. Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and transfer the chicken breasts to a large plate.
- Season the chicken with sea salt, pepper, oregano and fresh pressed garlic (or minced) on both sides. Cover the chicken in a thin layer of flour.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add in chicken and cook for about 7-8 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Toss in mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini chunks, add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Sauté for 2-3 minutes then add in the zucchini noodles. The zucchini will release moisture which will turn into a delicious sauce on the bottom of the pan. Feel free to add more salt and ground pepper at this point.
- Form four pockets between the veggies and zoodles and place chicken back in the pan. Cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Turn stove off and serve.