These Paleo Sweet Potato Pancakes are deliciously gluten-free, made with a simple blend of spices and no added sweeteners!
Whether you have recently adopted the Paleo diet, was recommended a gluten-free diet or simply want to focus on eating healthy and clean, this Sweet Potato Pancake recipe is the perfect addition to your morning breakfast (or night, I will explain it later).
As an avid sweet potato lover, finding ways to incorporate this healthier carb to my life has been quite interesting and a lot of fun too.
How so?… you ask
Well, come to find out sweet potatoes make for an excellent base to so many recipes we love to eat but sometimes cannot due to dietary restrictions or simply by choice. A perfect example is the classic hamburger which can be replaced by a delicious sweet potato veggie burger if eating meat (or too much of it) isn’t on menu these days. Sweet Potatoes are also amazing added to salads, paired with fish and seafood or in replacement of simple carbs, such as in this delicious twist of the classic
Spaghetti —Sweet Potato & Meatballs recipe
To further support my argument, take a look at these Sweet Potato Pancakes. Aren’t they so delicious! I don’t know about you but I drooling right now, and I will even add that these pancakes made my life 10% better by making it possible for me to eat pancakes again!
But hey, don’t let me stop you there, as these Paleo Sweet Potato Pancakes make for a delicious side to your dinner or as a salad topping!
Are you ready to give these Sweet Potato Pancakes a go? If you got this far down the post I take that you are serious about food, and are willing to make the compromises to a happier and healthier you, so congrats! I am positive that you will enjoy this recipe and let’s make pancakes !!
- 1 lg sweet potato, cooked (about 2 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- pinch sea salt, to taste
- To cook the sweet potato you have 3 options; Bake at 375F degrees for about 45 mins OR you can microwave it for 8 mins (poke wholes with a fork!) OR you can cut in small chunks and steam it for 20 mins. For this recipe I like the steaming method!
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add more almond flour if you need to thicken the consistency.
- Heat a greased flat pan/ skillet and then turn it to medium low heat. Add an ice cream scoop of sweet potato batter into the pan and let it cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until lightly brown and easily detaching from the pan. Proceed until all the batter has been used.
- Top it with berries, honey, yogurt, almond butter for an extra dose of protein and nutrition!