BEST Chocolate Peppermint Cups of the Season! Make them for home or make them to give, these easy no-bake chocolate cups are a treat that everyone will enjoy! ‘Tis the season to Give, to Love and to be Jolly Fa-la-la-la-la!
I don’t know about you but I caaan’t wait for Christmas! Then I realized -who said I have wait! So, my brain ran a quick scan and successfully found two, three… or four excuses to justify my early dose of cheer. You may be surprised to know that my kids (tween, not little little), have already started hanging snowflakes cut-outs around the house and the yearly countdown chain, which by the way is so long, it can wrap around Fenway Park… like TWICE! At least they waited until after Halloween this time 🙂
But you see where I get “some” of the excitement from? the other half comes from my love for food, which is pretty obvious. Like I need an excuse to cook or bake…
All joke aside, I think this is a great time to start baking and trying different recipes, kinda like getting your feet wet. This will give you a good idea of some of the things you will want to stick with and what you will need to ditch. You know… the unsuccessful trials, or those long and lengthy recipes that you will most likely not have the time for.
Ever since I made these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, my family and I have been devouring some pretty delicious homemade chocolate treats. The kids like milk chocolate, I like dark chocolate, this makes it easy to customize to everyone’s taste (nuts, not nuts, lots-of-nuts!) and make everyone happy.
At that point I already had my mind set to made these peppermint cups because they are my favorite! I love the combination of dark (or milk) chocolate and white chocolate, plus the peppermint crunch makes everything so special and yummy.
Snowflakes Sugar Cookies a MUST try!
These Chocolate Peppermint Cups are incredibly easy to make. Honestly the hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to harden in the fridge (or freezer, if you are that impatient!). After they came out of the mold, they looked so adorable and perfect… don’t you agree?
This recipe is something that you will want to have around the house, to offer to those visiting, stopping by or as a sweet treat after a meal. Additionally, in my opinion they make for a gorgeous, delicious and inexpensive gift to teachers, neighbors, relatives, co-workers… literally everyone!
So without further ado, please enjoy this recipe and be sure to SHARE with everyone on your list too!
- 10oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
- 10oz package of white chocolate chips
- 4 large candy cane (crushed) or candy cane peppermint sprinkles
- Bring about an inch of water to a boil in a saucepan. Set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Add the milk chocolate chips to the bowl and stir occasionally as it softens. When the chocolate is completely melted, remove bowl from heat.
- Pour a thin layer of melted chocolate into each silicone cup (about 1 tbsp each) and place it in the freezer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, repeat step 1 with the white chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Place the candy cane in a tight zipper bag. Place the bag on a soft hand towel and crush it with a hard object (I used my stone mortar and pestle), or try and find peppermint sprinkles, which I later found at Home Goods.
- Remove the chocolate cups from freezer and repeat step 2 with the white chocolate (about 1 tbsp each). Sprinkle with peppermint pieces, (be sure to break it down to different sizes, some should be super grainy and fine while other pieces should be a little bigger).
- Place it in the freezer for an additional 30 minutes. Easily remove the chocolate cups from silicone mold.
- Keep remaining chocolate peppermint cups refrigerated.
Did you try these…
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Gluten-free + Vegan)