Vegan, Gluten-free and Dairy-free; this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup is a delicious allergy friendly dessert, because no one should live without chocolate.
Are you noticing the recent wave of candy recipes lately? Whoa! Halloween cloud must be on moving in 🙂 Sadly, there are plenty of folks who due to allergies and sensitiveness, cannot dive into this sweet wave. Others simply choose to opt out, because most of the candy is highly processed and filled with really bad (and completely unnecessary) ingredients. I fit into the category of folks who choose not to eat all that junk... and for that reason I am out!
Okay, this isn't an episode of Shark Tank, but seriously who needs all of that! (cough... cough)
I like to know what's in my food, which is why I decided to make my own candy. My Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup is made with only 3 ingredients and is consciously allergy friendly, so you can feel good about eating and sharing, after all SHARING is the best part of eating. Plus it's really fun making chocolate cups. I know my kids enjoyed watching me create these tasty treats, however according to them, they "helped" me too! Oh my, it was more like they "helped" themselves with a finger full of melted chocolate right out of the pot 🙂
After dinner it was time for a treat! I got a few chuckles when I said "-dessert will be given only to those who finish dinner". Let's just say, I have a soft heart. Hmm... what a tasty treat!
I think I will be making lots of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups in the weeks to come. They are so customizable which makes for a great gift! Here are some ideas...
- Sprinkled with sea salt
- Drizzled with caramel
- Covered in nuts or seeds
- Double that chocolate but adding some chocolate chunks on top; or
- Perhaps dare to add a layer of cherry filling!
There are so many ways to recreate this tasty treat. However if you are not a chocolate lover, hop on to my Coconut Fudge recipe, which is also made with few ingredients and are deliciously Vegan and Gluten-free!
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” - Charles M. Schulz
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
- Melt the chocolate in double boiler (Basically place a heat proof bowl over boiling water). Add the coconut oil and mix until the chocolate has completely melted and is creamy and smooth.
- Pour a layer of the melted chocolate into a silicone mold* (paper muffin cups will work just fine!). Place it in freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate from freezer, add about ½ tablespoon of peanut butter**. Keep refrigerated.
- Add topping of choice of enjoy as is.
**the thickness of the peanut butter layer depends on your preference.
Here are some other recipes I thought you might like...