This Chocolate Cherry Bread is a seductive combination of sweet and tart flavors, oat based with bites of melting chocolate and juicy cherries.
It’s safe to say that Chocolate is one of those easy flavors that will go with just about anything. For this reason, I find (chocolate) to be particularly useful when trying to make something sort of ‘unpleasant’ taste more palatable. Which is why a lot of healthier desserts will have a touch of chocolate to sort of ‘hide’ the often short list of very healthy ingredients.
But hey -if chocolate can make an avocado, chickpeas and sweet potatoes based desserts taste good -I am all for it! Aren’t you?
No worries here, this Chocolate Cherry Bread -although very healthy- does not contain weird ingredients!
In fact, this Chocolate Cherry Bread is a slight variation of my beloved Double Chocolate Banana Bread which is a flourless oat based and deliciously moist bread.
Chocolate and cherries are quite powerful together, from the seductive appeal to the deliciously sweet and tart combination of flavors. A must try guilt-free summer dessert!
Need I say more?
- This Chocolate Cherry Bread is entirely made in a blender
- Lightly sweetened with maple syrup
- Filled with chocolate chunks that will melt in your mouth
- Juicy cherries bursting in flavor
- Highly addictive guilt-free pleasure
- Made with 100% cacao powder
Serve with ice cream for a cooling dessert or enjoy with your favorite cup of coffee!
Chocolate Cherry Bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk almond or whole milk works too!
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- fresh cherries topping
- Pre-heat oven to 375F degrees. Spray a small size loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a blender and work it for up to 1 minute, or until the ingredients have combined and there are no chunks left. Add cherries and chocolate chunks and fold to combine.
- Pour batter in prepared loaf pan and bake for about 32 mins or until toothpick come out clean.
- Top with fresh cherries and sprinkle powdered sugar.
- Keep refrigerated. Serve hot or cold