This Low Carb Vegetarian Zucchini Lasagna is a dairy-free ooey-gooey cheesy comforting meal made with only 5-ingredients!
As many of you know I have a passion for vegetable gardening. But gardening isn’t all roses and flower petals. It is a lot of hard work and sometimes things don’t quite work out and it takes time and experience to get it right.
It’s been four years of growing zucchini that were just meh, until this year’s sequence of BIG -> JUMBO -> HUGE 18inch zucchinis arrived! If you follow Garden in the Kitchen on Instagram you’ve heard all about it!
Needless to say I have been making quite a few zucchini recipes, and here are a few…
My 18-inch zucchini literally fed us for 3 meals, including this delicious vegetarian lasagna!
While the kids go bananas when I make the Classic Meat Sauce Lasagna, Ron and I are more inclined to indulge in this meatless, vegetarian lasagna packed with plant protein, spinach and dairy-free cheese! I mean… there is nooooo reason to stop eating right?!
About this recipe…
As mentioned above this recipe is completely vegetarian and made with only 5-ingredients that you most likely have in your fridge and pantry. Let’s review the details;
- Plain protein (quinoa)
- Source of greens (Spinach)
When reading the recipe card, be sure to check the notes section for important details about this recipe. My measurements are based on a very large zucchini, if you can get your hands on one, however don’t feel discouraged if you cannot grow or buy a zucchini this large. Any size zucchini can be used to make long noodles-like slices to create the lasagna layers.
One last thing, if you grow your own zucchini (or any vegetable) I would love to see your photos, so please tag #gardeninthekitchen in your posts and let’s share the garden love ❤️
- 1 large zucchini or 2 med size, cut into 6 slices (long way)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1½ cups pasta sauce
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup dairy-free shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray a 8x11 baking dish and add two scoops of pasta sauce to the bottom of the dish.
- Place two slices* of zucchini side by side covering the entire bottom of the dish**
- Add a few scoops of pasta sauce and spread to cover all the zucchini.
- Add a 4-6 scoops of quinoa and spread evenly.
- Add a thin layer of shredded cheese.
- Top with fresh baby spinach.
- Repeat until you’ve used all the ingredients or have made 3 layers.
- Bake for 25-28 mins. Serve immediately.
**If the two slices of zucchini aren’t wide enough, cut three or four slices, enough to cover the bottom of the dish. I used a very large zucchini and used two slices on each layer, however you may have to adjust accordingly.