There's nothing tastier than these Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings. Coated in garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and baked, these juicy, succulent wings are then tossed in a garlic butter Parmesan sauce and baked again for the ultimate in chicken wing perfection.
If you are looking for more chicken wing recipes you may like these Instant Pot Sticky Wings, these Dry Rubbed Oven Baked Wings, or these Baked Garlic Buffalo Wings.
If you're a chicken wing lover like me you need to add this recipe to your chicken wing repertoire. Easy, delicious, and ideal for a quick evening meal. A family-friendly recipe I guarantee you'll be making these crispy oven-baked chicken wings on repeat.
These wings are a real crowd-pleaser. The combination of garlic and parmesan is the ultimate, making these wings super tasty on their own or alongside your favorite wing sauce. Ideal as an appetizer or a meal you really can't go wrong whenever you serve these garlic parmesan wings. Make up a batch for your next get-together, games night, or potluck.
Oven baked instead of fried, these wings get a nice crispy coating from the olive oil marinade as well as the garlic butter sauce. Way healthier than frying, you'll find you won't miss deep fried wings at all.
Chicken wings - I used around 5 pounds of wings in this recipe. Feel free to use wings or thighs or a combination of both. Frozen wings are okay too. Just let them thaw in the fridge overnight.
Olive oil - I used extra virgin olive oil to coat the wings so they picked up the seasoning but any kind of oil will work.
Spices - I used a combination of garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to season the chicken wings before I baked them.
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
Butter - Unsalted or salted butter will work, just adjust the salt you add to the spice combination accordingly.
Olive oil - The combination of olive oil and butter makes for a creamy, rich sauce.
Garlic - I used fresh garlic, minced. Fresh really tastes best but jarred garlic will work if you are in a bind.
Parmesan cheese - Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best cheese flavor. Stay away from shelf stable Parmesan cheese.
How To Make This Garlic Parmesan Wings Recipe
Step 1: Toss the chicken wings in oil, garlic powder and paprika. Season well with salt and pepper. Make sure to coat the wings evenly with seasoning.
Step 2: Transfer seasoned wings to a sheet pan and arrange them side-by-side, not overlapping.
Step 3: Bake at 450F degrees for 30-35 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
Step 4: Meanwhile make the garlic parmesan sauce in a bowl. Whisk to combine all the ingredients.
Step 5: When the wings are done, generously brush them with garlic parmesan sauce and put them back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
Tips and Variations
- Choose the same size wings - If possible make sure to choose wings that are fairly uniform in size so they cook up at the same pace.
- Don't compromise on the cheese - Make sure to use fresh cheese. If you can't find Parmesan, Gran Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano will work well as substitutes.
- Pat the wings dry - Use a paper towel to pat the wings dry. This will help them crisp up in the oven.
Make Ahead & Storage
These parmesan chicken wings can easily be made a day or two ahead of time and stored in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Uneaten chicken wings can be frozen for up to 3 months.
This garlic parmesan sauce is made with butter, olive oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic.
To sauce before or after is really a personal preference. In this recipe I recommend you season the wings before you bake them and then sauce them at the end of their cook time for a few minutes.
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Garlic Chicken Thighs And Green Beans Skillet
- Herb Roasted Chicken
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
- 5 lb chicken wings
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 4 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Toss wings in oil, garlic powder and paprika. Season well with salt and pepper. Make sure to coat the wings evenly with seasoning.
- Transfer seasoned wings to a sheet pan and arrange them side-by-side, not overlapping.
- Bake at 450F degrees for 30-35 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile make the garlic parmesan sauce in a bowl, whisk to combine ingredients.
- When the wings are done, generously brush them with garlic parmesan sauce and put them back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
Leave a Reply