These Honey Roasted Carrots with buttery garlic flavor are a tasty and colorful side dish, perfect for Springtime!
How often are your carrots making an appearance at your dinner table? Hmm... just what I thought. When we think of carrots we think of Carrot Soup or a yummy veggie that we eat raw with Hummus. Maybe even Carrot Fries, but that’s a stretch!
So how about some Honey Roasted Carrots for a change? Sure it has been around for a loooong time, and in no way I am claiming ownership of the roasted-carrots invention, but rather a reminder that roasted carrots are awesome and they are so pretty to look at too!
how to make oven roasted carrots
Oh it's so simple to make Honey Roasted Carrots! You could literally toss plain carrots in the oven, at a high temperature and be fine. I am not saying they will taste good, and maybe a little too plain but that’s a problem solved with a good sauce/ glaze/ marinade.
My recommendation is that you roast at temperature of 425F degrees. I found this to be the optimal temperature to cook my carrots nicely internally. It will give you that golden crust in the quickest amount of time.
should you peel your carrots
Never peel your carrots if they are organic! I wash, wash, and wash, if they are too dirty (a.k.a really fresh) and I even soak my carrots but I never peel them. I use this vegetable brush to scrub all the dirt away and cook/ roast as is. Peeling your organic carrots to me equals peeling away good nutrition.
However, if you can’t find organic carrots for this Honey Roasted Carrots recipe, I recommend that you peel them to remove the outer layer which was in direct contact with the soil and whichever pesticides were applied to the soil.
how to make honey roasted carrots
Quickly melt 2tbsp of unsalted butter in the microwave without overheating it. Add honey, minced garlic and season with salt and pepper (or perhaps any added flavoring that you like). Give it a stir/ mix and pour over the carrots. Toss toss toss until the carrots are fully and equally glazed and transfer it to the oven to roast.
You don’t need a lot of honey or else they will be way too sweet, a little goes a long way, same for the butter. This small amount of sauce is enough to flavor the carrots without turning into a greasy feast.
If you make this Honey Roasted Carrots recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond to all your comments. Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram for a special shutout and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 2 ½ - 3 lbs rainbow carrots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425F degrees.
- Wash, trip and slice carrots. The thinner carrots I kept as whole, cut in half but the thicker carrots I sliced and cut so they are all about the same size. Place them in a large baking sheet.
- In a small glass bowl add in melted butter, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to mix. Pour honey butter over the carrots and either using your hands or a spatula, toss the carrots around until they are all glazed with the sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping them half way through. When done, top with fresh parsley or cilantro and serve. Can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the "Save" button.