These Oven Baked Carrot Fries are a delicious healthier alternative to the traditional fries. Seasoned with paprika, onion flavors and baked to perfection. Grab one and get immediately addicted!
In a world where there are so many beautiful and colorful healthy fries to choose from, the only solution is to try them all!
The few weeks ago I went to a dinner party and when the food was served I rushed my way to a gorgeous colorful platter with perfectly arranged sweet potato fries. Hmm… I could already smell the lovely scent traveling up my nostrils but to my surprise they were actually CARROT FRIES!!
Off course I had seen carrot fries before but never had I tried it. With a disappointing shoulder dropping exhale I proceeded to my first bite of many future bites because I managed to build a mountain-high pile on my plate, thinking it was sweet potato fries.
To my surprise and excitement I LOVED the carrot fries, and quickly wondered why the heck I didn’t think I would… It didn’t really matter because at that point I decided to make carrot fries at home, soon and often enough to make up for all the time I didn’t have them 🙂
I can’t think of one soul that does not enjoy a bucket of hot crispy fries. Whether that be regular fries (fried) or a healthier alternative such as baked sweet potato fries or a more exotic type such as yucca fries (they are amazing too!) or carrot fries.
My suggestion is to try them all and see which one(s) you like best. I am perfectly fine sticking to baked sweet potato or carrot fries, there is until I get my hands on a yucca root.
To make these Oven Baked Carrot Fries all you need is a few ingredients that you likely have in your pantry, to add flavor and make ‘em simply irresistible! It is optional to use parmesan cheese, as suggested in the instructions, but I personally found it to be a bit overwhelming, however that’s a personal choice. Once they are done season with fresh herbs and dig in.
This recipe is a great healthy side dish for any meal, especially those that pair up well with fries such as burgers, sandwiches and hot dogs!
Oven Baked Carrot Fries
- 4 large carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Sriracha Mayo Sauce
- 1/3 cup avocado mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 whole lemon, juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425F degrees
- Wash and peel the carrots, also cut the ends off. Sometimes I don’t peel my carrots and in this case I use a vegetable brush to clean the carrots really well. Cut the carrots in half then slice each half in the middle (the long way). From each half you can get 3-4 carrot fries. When done slicing all the carrots, place them on a large baking sheet
- Pour over the carrots the remaining ingredients and with your hands toss the carrots to coat evenly. You have an option to add some parmesan cheese here if you like.
- Spread carrots in a single layer leaving enough space between them to bake properly. If the baking sheet is too crowded use a second baking sheet but it is important that there is some space between the carrots otherwise they won’t crisp up.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning them about half way through.
- Meanwhile mix the sriracha mayo in a small glass bowl. When the carrots are done, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with this delicious sriracha mayo sauce.