Take comfort food to the next level with this MEGA delicious Instant Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper!
Lately I have been craving all the comforting meals that come in the form of pasta and soup.
Mostly because we are having a very wintery March. So far, we’ve had three very bad storms, days without power, many school cancelations and a night awake with the CO alarm (carbon monoxide) going off and scaring me to death!
Can you blame me to seek all the comfort in my meals??!
March also turned out to be a very busy month for me, trying to squeeze a vacation in the middle of all that is going on, is very challenging. I don’t know about you but for me vacation just means I’ll have to work twice as much the week before we head out…
…But totally worth it!
Seeking Comforting Meals? Try These…
In addition to comfort, I wanted easy meals that don’t take up much time and are fulfilling. Much like this MEGA comforting and super easy Instant Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper.
Basically what I am saying is, I want away from the kitchen(!) Take note of this because you won’t hear me say too often, haha. As much as I love my kitchen space and being a food blogger, off course, it is where I spend a lot of my time, but like I said earlier, my body is craving comfort and relaxation and only by bed/ couch/ tub can do that.
In all truth, we all go through phases, period of times, moods like this -AND THAT’S PERFECTLY OKAY- just like anything else, it will pass (keep in mind if this phase bothers you) but enjoy for what it is and what comes with it, like comfort foods 🙂
Take comfort in eating a yummy meal like this delicious hamburger helper pasta that you took the time to make and is much better for you then the box stuff. Self care is also a good way to give yourself the extra love you might be seeking, journaling, yoga, mindfully indulging on a (bite) of your favorite dessert, and remember YOU ARE LOVED!
Instant Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 16 oz elbows shaped pasta
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 24 oz pasta sauce, of choice
- 24 oz filtered water, use pasta sauce jar to measure!
- 1 tsp basil seasoning
- 1 pinch salt + pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Turn the instant pot on sauté mode. When hot add in oil and ground beef. Proceed to sauté as you break the beef apart. Cook until browned, fully cooked and crumbly (10-12 minutes)
- Add in elbows (pasta), tomato sauce, water, basil, salt and pepper. No need to stir but you can.
- Turn off sauté mode. Fit cover in place and switch valve to sealing position. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. When time is up, quickly release all pressure.
- When all pressure have been released, open the pot and add cheese and parsley (optional) on top. Do not stir. Place cover back on (don’t need to seal valve!) and let it sit for 5 minutes.