Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with all the classic components, carrots, egg noodles and shredded chicken. This recipes cooks on high pressure for 10 minutes and is ready to serve in less than 30-minutes!
Delicious and hearty, this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is made from scratch and in a fraction of the time. Alternatively, this slow cooked Healing Chicken Soup is made with a feel-good homemade chicken stock and adaptogens that will warm you from the inside out!
Table of Contents
- why is this instant pot chicken noodle soup so good
- how to make the best instant pot chicken noodle soup
- what to serve with homemade chicken noodle soup
- How do you add flavor to chicken noodle soup?
- how can I freeze this recipe
- Check out these other highly recommended instant pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
For many of us chicken noodle soup represents comfort and warmth, perhaps an aid when we feel sick or run down. Chicken noodle soup quickly comes to mind whenever we want to treat someone who’s ill or suffered a loss.
The truth is, chicken noodle soup is warming, delicious, filling and can provide our bodies with deep nourishment that goes far beyond our emotional connections. Plus it is a complete meal with protein, carbs and veggies!
This instant pot chicken noodle soup recipe is very much true to the classic version with one suggestive alteration. I used leek in place of celery. You can use celery, that’s not a problem. But if you never been a fan of it or don’t have any in hand, leek is your next best choice.
I had my Mom in mind when I made this soup. I needed to make her a meal to help her heel from an oral surgery and she has a deep dislike for celery. Leeks did the job just fine with unnoticeable change in flavor.
why is this instant pot chicken noodle soup so good
- It’s full of nourishing and comforting flavors, perfect for the cold weather or when you’re feeling run down.
- Made with fresh ingredients, protein from chicken, carbs from the noodles and loaded with veggies, this instant pot chicken noodle soup is a complete meal!
- Count on days of leftovers to enjoy for days ahead
- When looking for a meal to share with other, look no further! Everyone loves chicken noodle soup!
how to make the best instant pot chicken noodle soup
- Turn the instant pot on sauté mode. Add oil, onion, leek or celery and carrots and sauté until soften
- Add broth, a nice rich chicken broth if possible with added collagen or bone broth for maximum benefits
- Add the chicken breasts and season with thyme, salt and pepper. Also a bay leaf but that can be optional.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When done quickly release all pressure QPR.
- Turn the instant pot on sauté mode once again. Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board to shred.
- Meanwhile add the egg noodles to the cook and allow it to cook al dente or according to your preference.
- Transfer shredded chicken back to the instant pot.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon and a handful of fresh parsley and serve
what to serve with homemade chicken noodle soup
Whenever I made this homemade chicken noodle soup I love serving with this Instant Pot Artisan Bread or Soft Dinner Rolls, to soak up all that tasty broth. It’s always a good idea to serve with a side of green salad and a sweet dessert like Cinnamon Baked Apples to finish the meal.
How do you add flavor to chicken noodle soup?
Start by sautéing the onions, carrots and leek or celery. When you sauté these fragrant ingredients the soup becomes infused with flavors.
Additionally, when you add the herbs thyme, black pepper and bay leaf there is more flavor going into the soup.
A good high quality broth will also add flavor the the chicken soup.
how can I freeze this recipe
Yes. However I recommend that you freeze the soup prior to adding the noodles for best results.
Not to worry if the noodles are in the soup and you found yourself with too much leftover. You can still freeze this chicken noodle soup but allow it to thaw completely on the counter or refrigerator before re-heating it.
The healthiest kind of chicken noodle soup is homemade! This Homemade Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup packs in tons of veggies, healthy protein, and has no additives!
If you are looking for a filling dinner that will warm your heart and soul, you can’t go wrong with this delicious chicken noodle soup recipe!
Check out these other highly recommended instant pot recipes:
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 cup leek or celery
- 3 cups carrots, cubed or sliced
- 3 whole chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 lemon, juiced
- fresh parsley and thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Turn instant pot on saute mode. Add oil, onions, carrots and leek or celery. Saute for 5-7 minutes until veggies start to soften.
- Add chicken breast and broth. Season with salt, pepper, fresh thyme and one bay leaf.
- Cancel saute mode. Cover the pot and turn valve to lock position. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When done quick release all pressure QPR.
- Turn the instant pot to saute mode once again. Transfer chicken breast to a cutting board and add egg noodles to the pot. Noodles should be cooking while you shred the chicken. Add the shredded chicken back to the pot and contiue to cook until egg noodles are cooked (about 8 minutes)
- When done, squeeze fresh lemon juice and add a handful of fresh parsley. Serve
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.