“Simply Delightful” is the way to describe this Instant Pot Simple Carrot Soup. Creamy without the heaviness, naturally Vegan and made with few clean ingredients. The aroma of sage is subtle and adds depth to this carrot soup.
It’s hard to say goodbye to Summer, yet I find this to be one of the most graceful transitions of life. Everything around us change! Change can be a transformational and a powerful thing, and hopefully the changes inside of us is equally measured by the changes happening on the outside.
Speaking of change, on the menu this week is Carrot Soup!
To be fair, I’ve been craving soups and warm dishes for a couple weeks now, which is why I made this Instant Pot Tomato Soup, Dutch Oven Beef Stew and Sweet Corn Risotto. It felt heartwarming and delicious to give in to my body’s cravings.
I love eating intuitively and I invite you to do the same. It’s what feels most nourishing to our body. If you think about it, our body is this incredible machine working 24/7 and intelligently guiding us towards what it needs. So if we listen carefully, and fulfill its needs, our body (our home) should work smoothly.
Did I loose you in my deep thoughts? Lol, I know you are here for the soup so let’s get to it!
I have recently shared on Instagram that I have been making this Carrot Soup since my (now 18 yrs old) daughter was a baby. We had moved to Brazil and at this particular village we were staying did not have baby shelf food, nor would I have considered it given the abundantly fresh amounts of produce available and inexpensively.
So in my long carrot soup journey, the key to a delicious recipe is simplicity. Keep things simple and minimal, ingredients clean and subtle flavors that will complement the carrots without overpowering it. Just like baby food but with a little more flavor 🙂
This Instant Pot Simple Carrot Soup is naturally Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and Whole30 compliant, just be sure to read the ingredient labels.
Are you on a soup kick too? Try these reader’s favorite!
Instant Pot Simple Carrot Soup
- Instant pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 ripe tomato (any kind)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 5 cups carrots, chunks
- 2 cups vegetable broth*
- coconut milk (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp each, turmeric and ginger
- fresh sage
- Turn instant pot on saute mode. Add oil, onion, garlic, bell pepper and tomato and sauté until they start to soften (3-4minutes)
- Stir in tomato paste. Season with salt, pepper, turmeric and ginger.
- Add carrots and broth. Give it a good stir. Then add some fresh sage to the pot.
- Lock lid and cook on HP for 15 minutes. When done, quickly release all pressure QPR.
- Transfer soup to a blender or blend it using an immersion blender. Blend until creamy and smooth
- Stir in some coconut milk, if using. Top with fresh sage leaves, nuts and seeds and serve.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.