These instant pot sous vide style egg bites are a delicious bite size snack or breakfast that is perfect on the go. Packed with protein and amazing texture, add your favorite combination of toppings and batch freeze for the week!
Table of Contents
*This post has been updated. Original post was dated 4/21/18*
When these egg bites first came out, thanks to Starbucks -people were really excited. I wasn’t at all surprised because they offered such a delicious protein packed option without the carbs, in a convenient bite size snack that was perfect on the go.
While these soft creamy puffy egg bites sure are absolutely delicious, relying on Starbucks to enjoy one is mega inconvenient and can easily break the bank. My devotion to Starbucks only goes as far as an occasional stop or desperate trip to get work done away from my distracting cat.
As far as these egg bites… well, I am going to be making these at home from now on 🙂
how to make egg bites in instant pot
Turns out, making sous vide style egg bites at home is a lot easier than you think. First you need to get yourself this silicone mold which fits perfectly into a 6qt instant pot. It works if you have a bigger size pot but it will not fit into a smaller instant pot.
As for the ingredients you will need eggs, cottage cheese and shredded cheese of choice. I played around with a few cheeses and recommend that you pick cheddar, gruyere or monterey jack cheese for better flavor. Also, I do not recommend you adding greek yogurt in this recipe as it turned out sour and the consistency wasn’t as good.
Although I am using broccoli, ham and bacon in this recipe, some of the other flavors I tried were;
- sun-dried tomato and spinach
- pepper and onions
- tomato and chives
- bacon and cheese
- ham, broccoli and bacon which is the combination I liked the most.
For this recipe we use the “steam” mode for 8 quick minutes then allow for 10 minutes of natural pressure to be released. When you first open the pot the sous vide eggs are all super puffy but they quickly deflate to fill the cavity of the silicone mold.
Now you have your own Starbuck sous vide style egg bites with bragging rights my friends! I love how they came out super soft, mega flavorful, they refrigerate so well (even better if you use a stacker bag!!) and you can freeze them too!
Aren’t these egg bites the most perfect breakfast on the go? They are super convenient bite size protein packed little nuggets. I am so thrilled you are giving this recipe a try!
here are the recipes you’ll need to go with this:
- DEFINITELY this super creamy luxurious Dalgona Whipped Coffee (Shh.. its actually very easy to make and only 3 ingredients needed!)
- This QUICK Bread! I don’t know about you but I cannot start my day without a piece of toast 🙂
- Finish off with a Fruit Salad!
Instant Pot Egg Bites
- 5 cage-free eggs
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, gruyere or cheddar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Ham, chopped
- broccoli, florets
- bacon, bits
- Add two cups of water to the instant pot. Place metal trivet on the bottom of the pot
- Add eggs, cottage cheese, shredded cheese and pinch of salt to a blender cup. Pulse it for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are combined, no lumps are appearent and mixture is creamy
- Pour egg mixture into silicone mold, about 3/4 full. Add in pieces of ham, broccoli and bacon, or whatever toppings you like. Slowly lower the silicone mold into the pot.
- Close the instant pot lid and turn venting valve to sealed position. Turn the instant pot on steam mode for 8 minutes. When done, allow for 10 minutes of NPR
- The egg bites will deflate once you open the pot. Allow it to cool down before removing from instant pot
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.