flavorful lemon butter chicken with crispy golden skin, super moist on the inside with a hint of lemon flavor. The sea salt flakes will give every bite a crushing edge intensified by the woody tones of black pepper
This flavorful chicken is all about that golden buttery skin crispy around the edge, super moist on the inside with a hint of lemon flavor. The sea salt flakes will give every bite a crushing edge intensified by the woody tones of black pepper. All in all, it’s one delicious Lemon Butter Chicken perfectly paired with this Cilantro Lime Brown Rice!
Making this delicious Lemon Butter Chicken is a lot easier than you might think. Remember, sometimes all you need is a good combination of a few flavors to make a tasty meal.
How to make lemon butter chicken
The name gives away the two main flavors; lemon and butter. But here is how you can make the flavors work for you…
First you prepare a deep baking dish with lemon slices and chicken broth. The broth will help keep the chicken super moist.
Now we prepare the chicken by washing and drying the breasts with paper towel to remove the excess moisture and ensure that the skin will crisp up. Then we pour our delicious butter over the chicken, making sure it is thoroughly covered. Lastly we season with minced or pressed garlic using this handy tool (I use mine everyday!) sea salt flakes and fresh ground black pepper.
Note: I find that using sea salt flakes makes this recipe taste way better than table salt because you get those delicious rock salt bites that enhances the flavor. I also use my mortar and pestle religiously to ground my pepper freshly and roughly with different sizes and texture for a deeper woody flavor that will intensify this dish.
Check out this tasty Chicken Skillet recipe too!
If you make this Lemon Butter Chicken recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond to all your comments. Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram for a special shutout and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
Lemon Butter Chicken
- 3 whole chicken breasts on the bone
- 2 whole lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes, to taste
- 1 pinch fresh black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Wash and pat dry chicken breasts with paper towel. Set aside
- Prepare a baking pan like a pyrex by placing lemon slices on the bottom and covering with chicken broth
- Place chicken breasts on top of the lemon and broth. Melt butter and pour over the chicken. Add minced or pressed garlic to the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.