This post has been sponsored by Decas Farms™️ but all opinions stated are my own.
This Skillet Cranberry Chicken and Veggies recipe is delicious and festive for a holiday party and easy enough for a weeknight meal.
I cannot believe that Christmas is 9 days away! I mean, I don’t know about you but for me there is never a time when I feel prepared and organized enough to not be freaking out around now. Every year we host a Christmas dinner, a friends Christmas party and we also have family staying with us for about 12 days. The house is full and alive, quite loud at times but always filled with love (and food!)
The food part is where we need to talk, because I know there is always a lot of work involved in hosting a dinner party and if you are anything like me, the work itself can snowball into pressure, overwhelm and result in a joyless celebration.
Let me resume this entire post in a few words…
It doesn’t have to be!
I, more than anyone else I know– feel the need to SUPER impress everyone with these crazy complicated over the top recipes that might taste all-right in the end. Non sense!
This year I am all about convenience and taste, which comes from the confidence of making something I have perfected over the years (see the Perfect Roasted Chicken recipe for more details).
However, It DOES need to look festive, after all it is Christmas!!
Leave it to the Cranberries…
Leave it to the cranberries to turn a regular everyday meal into a show stopper holiday meal. Right?
I’ve been using my delicious Decas Farms™️ fresh cranberries (and baking cranberries) in just about everything lately, from cookies to main course, they are my go-to holiday flavor and touch of holiday cheer.
There is absolutely nothing that these cranberries can’t transform into fabulous and festive! Plus if you are conscientious about the quality of the ingredients you use, their health benefits, where they are sourced,
preferring natural and organic ingredients you can trust, you can be sure that Decas Farms™️ cranberries are not only delicious, but does your body good too! You can read more about their health benefits here.
I followed this easy guide on How To Cut Up A Whole Chicken for the first time and it was super practical. However, you can buy chicken already cut up if you’re not up for the challenge. I had a whole chicken at home and wanted to cook the parts so I kinda had too haha, but you know I thrive in these experiences 🙂
The recipe is super easy to follow and the result is nothing but amazing! I absolutely love this skillet cranberry chicken with veggies because it is festive enough for a dinner party and easy enough for a weeknight meal.
Skillet Cranberry Chicken and Veggies
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 parts
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 large carrots, sliced long way
- 1 lb baby potatoes, whole
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Decas Farms fresh cranberries
- fresh thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 425F degrees.
- Season the chicken with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt, fresh ground pepper (I use a mortar and pestle to ground mine) and paprika. Rub all over the chicken and set aside
- Heat remaining olive oil in large oven safe skillet (12’ skillet is the perfect size for this recipe). When oil is hot place chicken parts skin side down and sauté for about 7-8 minutes. Turn chicken and sauté on the other side for another 7-8 minutes. Remove from skillet
- Next add in potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic. Sauté for up to 5 minutes. Then add in chicken broth. Deglaze the pan scraping out the bottom of the pan. Push veggies to the edge of skillet creating an opening in the center for the chicken.
- Arrange chicken in the center of the skillet, veggies around the edge. Top with fresh cranberries and thyme. Transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes on top rack (away from heat) or until internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
- Remove from oven, top with more cranberries and fresh thyme. Serve
- You can cup up a whole chicken into 8 parts or buy 6-8 pieces of mixed parts or one particular chicken part you love best.