These 5-minutes Easy Margherita Pizza Bites are the tastiest time-saver lunch idea for summertime. Each pizza bite is packed with fresh mozzarella cheese, topped with a juicy slice of grape tomato and seasoned with herbs and fresh basil.
School is out and the kids are hungry!
This combination of events can be dreadful or delightful, depending on what you arm yourself with. Kids can be quite unpredictable when it comes to eating, no matter the age. One minute they definitely don’t want to eat, two minutes later they are starving with a side order of drama.
Two things every Mama should know…
One- you are never going to be ahead of (their) game. Those clever little minds are engineered to push every button you have.
Two- 5-minutes meals might put you back in the game.
They still get my head spinning sometimes, but not with these delicious 5-minute Easy Margherita Pizza Bites that I pulled out of the hat! DOUBLE points if you have stale bread laying around, because all Mamas don’t like wasting food. It’s Win Win!!
Will your kids love these 5-minutes pizza bites? off course you can customize to their taste (or yours haha) but perhaps the most important thing to know is that -they will be fed and you clever Mama just got yourself extra time to enjoy a cooling drink on the deck, a few pages of your favorite book, browse the net… or whatever rocks your boat!
These 5-minutes Easy Margherita Pizza Bites are the tastiest time-saver lunch idea for summertime (or anytime). Each pizza bite is packed with fresh mozzarella cheese, topped with a juicy slice of grape tomato and seasoned with herbs and fresh basil.
Easy Margherita Pizza Bites
- 11 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1/2 tbsp pizza seasoning or oregano
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- fresh basil
- Pre-heat oven to 450F degrees.
- Using a round cookie cutter (if you don’t have one, use the cover from a peanut butter jar!), cut out a circle in the center of each toast. Save the remainder of the bread to make egg-toast! Place the bread rounds on a greased sheet pan.
- Spread a 3/4 full tablespoon of marinara sauce on to each bread rounds.
- Place a slice or half-slice of fresh mozzarella cheese on top of the marinara sauce.
- top with a slice of grape tomato and season with pizza seasoning or oregano.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Garnish with fresh basil and serve hot.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.