Grilled Eggplant Tacos topped with a delicious bean corn and tomato salsa, melted cheese, avocado bites and fresh cilantro!
June is here (hooray!) and the official start of summer is just around the corner. It’s an exciting time to enjoy all things outdoor-sy, including off course -FOOD because it’s something I always have in mind 🙂 Not to say you should think about food 24/7 like I do!
Food has always been a big part of my life and considering it’s what I do for work -now it’s definitely not the best time to oppose to that, hahaha. YOU my friend however, are free to think about food like a normal human being -OR allow me to suggest a few ideas that are perfect for your summer menu.
Starting with these delicious Low Carb Grilled Eggplant Tacos…
I mean, whoever invented Taco Tuesday should win an award or something. It’s what I call a delicious epidemic with a side dose of fun. My kids look forward to our Taco Tuesdays, and honestly so do I! Which is why I made this healthier twist that is low carb and made with seasonal vegetables such as eggplant or zucchini.
These Low Carb Grilled Eggplant Tacos are topped with a delicious bean corn and tomato salsa, melted cheese, avocado bites and fresh cilantro! Perfect by itself, for breakfast with a side of eggs, or as a tasty appetizer.
These eggplant tacos refrigerate well for up to 3 days, then the eggplant will start to brown. It’s a tasty twist that I have been enjoying and I know you will to!!
- 1 lg eggplant
- ½ cup corn (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 1 lg tomato, seeded and cut into small cubes
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 cup cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil, brushing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- handful fresh cilantro
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Slice the eggplant to ½ inch thick (or desired thickness). Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and cook on a stove top cast iron grill pan for about 3 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile in a small glass bowl, add the corn, tomato, beans, cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix to combine.
- Remove the cast iron grill pan from the stove top. Spoon some of the corn and bean mix onto each eggplant slice. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with avocado and lime