These Sea Salt Sweet Potato Steak Fries are clean, crispy, tasty and super easy to make with half the calories to add to your belt.
As a food blogger I often get asked -what’s my favorite food or recipe that I made. It’s a simple question that comes with an undefined answer, mostly because if blogging about food is what I chose to do, chances are I am passionate (about food) all across the board.
However, this recipe changes everything! And that’s a HUGE statement coming from a foodie. I will no longer need to scan my brain to find a ‘close alternative’ or just something to fill-in the blank. These Sea Salt Sweet Potato Steak Fries are my absolute favorite recipe. Top noche. Answer out-of-my-mouth before the question is finished.
This gives me some sort of relief, because now I’ll have a concrete answer to give and feel good about it. BUT, this also comes with the heaviness and duty to tell everyone about how flipping delicious they are, otherwise you are missing out on one of foods greatest pleasure.
Furthermore, pleasure foods usually come in the form of sugar/ sweets which invites guilt. Not in this case, you see... sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamins and healthier carbs, plus we are cutting down on the calories by using the baking method instead of frying!
Check out these two AMAZING Sweet Potato Skillet recipes!
When eating out, I often get sweet potato fries as a side because they are my favorite. Restaurants have a way of making food look and taste delicious and we all know why (wink wink!). Nothing to worry here, these fries are as beautifully appealing as the ones you get from a fancy restaurant, without the extra calorie treatment.
Check out this delicious and healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes recipe!
These Sea Salt Sweet Potato Steak Fries are clean, crispy, tasty and super easy to make with half the calories to add to your belt. I am personally fond of skin-on fries, for the extra texture and flavor but you are welcome to remove it. Give the skin an extra scrub if you plan on eating it.
Summer just got a whole lot better with the addition of these Sea Salt Sweet Potato Fries to the menu. These fries are the perfect pairing to a juicy burger (veggie or meat!), any sandwich, grilled steak, chicken or fish, even your egg breakfast will taste amazing next to these baked sweet potato fries!
Grab this recipe and enjoy a healthier side of fries!
Sea Salt Sweet Potato Steak Fries
- 1 lg sweet potato or 2 med size, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt crystals optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425F degrees. Spray a large baking sheet (or 2 small baking sheet) with non-stick spray. Set aside
- Scrub the sweet potato(s) well with a vegetable brush because we are keeping the skin. Using a sharp chef’s knife or any sharp large knife, cut the sweet potato in half, then in quarters and into large size steak fries.
- Place the sweet potato on the prepared baking sheet. Pour oil evenly over the sweet potato steaks. Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and mix them with your hands.
- Arrange the potato steaks in a single layer on the baking sheet without over crowding. If needed use two baking sheets but be sure to leave space between each sweet potato fries otherwise they will come out soggy (see picture)
- Bake for 15 minutes in the middle rack. Using a fish spatula turn them and bake for 10-12 more minutes or until edges start to brown.