MEGA creamy and utterly delicious Stove Top Alfredo Mac and Cheese with broccoli florets, perfect for kids and grown ups too!
There is no arguing that comfort food hold a special place on our table and in our and hearts.
According to Mr. Google, comfort food provide sentimental value, consolation and a feeling of well-being. Whether these terms are true for everyone or not, we can all agree that comfort foods are exceptionally delicious!
Check out this Instant Pot Three Cheese Mac and Cheese!
Think creamy Alfredo sauce, loads of cheese and pasta! Add in broccoli to tone down the guilt factor and you have the most utterly delicious Stove Top Alfredo Mac and Cheese that’s perfect for kids and grown ups too!
This Creamy Alfredo Mac and Cheese is quite simple to make. As a matter fact I used my own Garlicky Creamy Alfredo Sauce which has a heavenly creamy consistency and flavors that you won’t find in a jar. I am also sharing a special way to cook the broccoli without it crumbling all over the pasta.
Seriously I get comfort foods often come in conveniently pre-packed or frozen meals, but friends… you’ve got to try this homemade stove top recipe, plus it is so much better for you.
SHOP COMFORT FOOD COOKBOOKS FOR EVERY DIET!
Stove Top Alfredo Mac And Cheese
- 16 oz medium shells
- 2 cups broccoli, florets
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup milk cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package instruction. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water
- meanwhile steam broccoli until tender, then transfer to an ice bath to prevent from continuing to cook and fall apart.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter and add in shallots, cook until fragrant (2 minutes). Add in garlic and sauté for another minute. Then add in milk and heavy cream, stirring often. Next add in flour and whisk until sauce start to thicken. Add cream cheese and pasta water and continue to whisk to combine. Finally add the parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Fold in pasta until cheese is completely melted and evenly covered. Top with steamed broccoli and fold to mix.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.