EASY 3-ingredient Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups!! This yummy treat is a much healthier version of our all-time favorite candy!
It’s not everyday that I eat chocolate but when I do I make sure it is delicious and made with good for me ingredients. My Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups recipe has been tested and re-tested, and it’s absolutely perfect!
Only 3-ingredients and a whole lot of flavor, these Dark Chocolate Almond Butter treats are the perfect sweet bites after a healthy meal, they will curb your sugar cravings without making you yucky.
Say hello to this Paleo deliciousness!! But if that’s not stopping you from enjoying a treat or two you will absolutely LOVE these No-Bake S’mores Bars!!
what are these ‘good for me’ ingredients in Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups?
Not all chocolates are made the same but I truly hope you already know this 🙂 This is the only chocolate I use because it’s free of soy, dairy, sulfates and it’s delicious!
As far as the almond butter, aim for one with fewer ingredients as possible. I get mine from Whole Foods from the grinder machine, but I have used other amazing brands like this Non GMO Raw Almond Butter which contain one ingredient only, organic almond butter!
Coconut oil makes the chocolate consistency super smooth and it’s an awesome source of healthy fats, so I make sure to include in just about everything!
Sea salt flakes are optional but I recommend that you add some to this recipe because it enhances the chocolate flavor.
other options for a healthy chocolate dessert are:
If you make these Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond to all your comments. Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram for a special shutout and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- On a double boiler melt chocolate chips with coconut oil, stirring until completely melted and smooth
- Meanwhile line a muffin pan with muffin cups
- Pour about 1/2 tbsp or 3/4 of tbsp of chocolate on each muffin cup and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove chocolate from fridge and add in 1/2 tbsp almond butter to the center, then cover with another tbsp of chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes (optional). Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Remove from fridge, also remove paper wrapping before serving. Can be stored in fridge or on counter if consumed within a couple days.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.