These No-Bake S’mores Bars are a fun spin on the classic s’mores. These S’mores Bars are the perfect combination of sweet, chewy, and crunchy and an indulging summer dessert you can’t resist!
You know summer is here when the grocery stores reserve an entire corner isle to display the irresistible and classic trio; chocolate-marshmallow-graham crackers!
Chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers are the components of one of the most indulging treats and classic summer dessert S’MORES. These tasty treats were originally called “Some Mores,” and later on shortened to “S’mores” yet records show that Girl Scout publications dated prior 1971 used the longer name.
If you never tried S’mores, grab a stick and join the line because you are in for a treat!
Related recipes you might like:
3-Ingredient Chocolate Almond Butter Cups (HEALTHY)!
Why Should You Make No-Bake S’mores
Inspired by the classic s’mores recipe, I made these delicious no-bake s’mores bars which requires no sticks or fire -and are excuses-free, in case those “technical difficulties” come up to jeopardize your plans (such as rain, out of wood or Mommy can’t make a fire). Simply make these easy no-bake s’mores bars (or bark, they break easily!) and enjoy on a sweet summer night!
Why Should You Make Baked S’mores
But in case you are all out of marshmallow fluff I have an alternative method that is very easy, quick and just as delicious. This method involves baking the crackers, or the ultimate hack is to buy a graham cracker pie crust and totally skip this step. Then you bake the marshmallow and chocolate to ooey gooey perfection!!
This is an AMAZING dessert option to bring to a barbecue, a backyard party or simply because it is summer and we all want to have fun!
These no-bake s’mores bars are a fun spin on the classic s’mores. They are the perfect combination of sweet, chewy and crunchy, an indulging summer dessert you won’t resist!
**I must warn you, these s’mores bars don’t last long as it is nearly impossible to put them down. They are highly addictive and insanely delicious, so plan accordingly 😉 half batch to be mindful, double batch if you are feeling indulgent. Either way you must go-for-it!!
No-Bake S’mores Bars
- 9 pieces graham crackers, crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 9 oz chocolate (of choice) melted
- 1 cup marshmallow cream/ fluff (sub with 24 marshmallows if using baking method)
- Place the graham crackers in a large ziplock and smash them into fine crumbs using a heavy object (roller, servings spoon, or such). It helps to place the bag on a layered hand towel to absorb the impact. Transfer crackers to a medium bowl, add butter and mix with a fork until uniform. Reserve 1 tbsp of the graham cracker crumb.
- Transfer graham crackers to a 9x5 loaf pan with filled parchment paper on all sides. Press crackers down using the back of a glass.
- Spread a generous layer of marshmallow cream over the cracker mixture.
- Top with a generous layer of melted chocolate. Spread to cover marshmallow layer. Sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumb over.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, then transfer to fridge. Keep refrigerated
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Follow step 1 and 2. Bake crackers for 8 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack until cooled. (leave oven on!)
- Place marshmallows on top of the baked graham crackers, side by side leaving little to no gap in between each marshmallow (see picture)
- Top with a generous layer of melted chocolate. Spread to cover marshmallow layer. Sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumb over. Bake for 10-12 minutes to allow the marshmallow to melt. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- When the backed s’mores are cooled, transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting into bars. Keep dessert refrigerated