Imagine enjoying the yummy taste of S’mores without the hassle of creating a fire. These No Bake S’mores Bars bring together honey and cinnamon flavored graham crackers, and fluffy marshmallow cream all topped with rich chocolate. The perfect combination of sweet, chewy, and crunchy!
Table of Contents
The grocery stores just scream summer this time of year when the traditional ingredients to make no-bake marshmallow desserts start to appear. Such a fun time. S’mores no-bake desserts are absolutely best this time of year. How can you go wrong with chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers?
If you’ve ever wondered where the name “s’mores” came from it is a shortened version of ‘some mores.’ This first recorded recipe for ‘some mores’ dates back to a 1927 Girl Scouts publication called Tramping and Trailing.
But, there’s no need to dig out the tent, sleeping bags, and bug spray for these s’mores as they come together quickly and easily in your kitchen. Best of all, if it’s a hot summer day there’s no need to turn on the oven either.
If you are looking for more no-bake recipes with marshmallow fluff, you must try these Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Cups.
Ingredient Notes for S’Mores Bars Recipe with Marshmallow Fluff
Graham crackers – These make the base for this recipe for s’mores with fluff. You can also buy the ready-made crumbs at the grocery store. They can usually be found in the baking section.
Butter – Unsalted butter helps bind the crumbs together. If you only have salted butter on hand that’s okay, you can use it.
Chocolate – Melted chocolate tops this graham cracker marshmallow dessert. You can use whatever kind of chocolate you prefer; milk, dark, or semi-sweet. Chocolate bars or chips will both work.
Marshmallow cream – A layer of marshmallow fluff or cream really makes this dessert irresistible. If you are baking the bars replace this cream with 24 marshmallows.
How To Make This Graham Cracker Marshmallow Dessert
Step 1: Place the graham crackers in a large Ziplock bag and smash them into fine crumbs using a heavy object.
Step 2: Transfer cracker crumbs to a medium-sized bowl, add butter, and mix with a fork until uniform. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the graham cracker crumb.
Step 3: Transfer graham crumbs to a 9×5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper on all sides. Press crackers down using the bottom of a glass.
Step 4: Spread a generous layer of marshmallow cream over the cracker mixture.
Step 5: Top with a good thick layer of melted chocolate. Spread to cover the marshmallow layer. Sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumbs over.
Step 6: Freeze for 30 minutes and then transfer to the fridge. Keep refrigerated.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Follow steps 1 and 2 as per non-baked instructions. Bake cracker crumbs for 8 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack until cooled. Leave the oven on!
Step 2: Place marshmallows on top of the baked graham crackers, side by side leaving little to no gap in between each marshmallow (see picture).
Step 3: Top with a generous layer of melted chocolate. Spread to cover the marshmallow layer. Sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumb over.
Step 4: Bake for 10-12 minutes to allow the marshmallow to melt. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Step 5: When the baked s’mores are cooled, transfer them to the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting them into bars. Keep dessert refrigerated.
Tips and Variations for This Marshmallow and Graham Cracker Dessert
- Line the loaf pan well: S’mores with fluff will most definitely stick to the pan so make sure it is well-lined or sprayed so you can cut the squares easily.
- Use full-size or mini marshmallows: Use marshmallows instead of marshmallow fluff and the baking method to make this marshmallow graham cracker dessert if you don’t have fluff on hand.
- Decorate the bars: Jazz up the bars and add M&Ms, sprinkles, or your favorite dessert toppings.
- Add some coconut oil: If you find the chocolate is too thick and it doesn’t pour easily over the marshmallow and graham crackers add a teaspoon or two of coconut or grapeseed oil to thin it out.
- Mix in a nut butter: Make these s’mores bars even more indulgent and add in a layer of nut butter; peanut, almond, or even cashew would taste great.
S’mores usually contain marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate.
Yes, if you are using mini marshmallows follow the baked recipe.
Make ahead and storage
Make ahead: S’mores are a great make-ahead dessert as they will keep well in the fridge for up to one week in an airtight container.
Storage: S’mores freeze well so you can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Looking for more dessert options? Try one of these:
No-Bake S’mores Bars
- 9 pieces graham crackers, crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 9 oz chocolate (of choice) melted
- 1 cup marshmallow cream/ fluff (sub with 24 marshmallows if using baking method)
- Place the graham crackers in a large ziplock and smash them into fine crumbs using a heavy object (roller, servings spoon, or such). It helps to place the bag on a layered hand towel to absorb the impact. Transfer crackers to a medium bowl, add butter and mix with a fork until uniform. Reserve 1 tbsp of the graham cracker crumb.
- Transfer graham crackers to a 9×5 loaf pan with filled parchment paper on all sides. Press crackers down using the back of a glass.
- Spread a generous layer of marshmallow cream over the cracker mixture.
- Top with a generous layer of melted chocolate. Spread to cover marshmallow layer. Sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumb over.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, then transfer to fridge. Keep refrigerated
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Follow step 1 and 2. Bake crackers for 8 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack until cooled. (leave oven on!)
- Place marshmallows on top of the baked graham crackers, side by side leaving little to no gap in between each marshmallow (see picture)
- Top with a generous layer of melted chocolate. Spread to cover marshmallow layer. Sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumb over. Bake for 10-12 minutes to allow the marshmallow to melt. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- When the backed s’mores are cooled, transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting into bars. Keep dessert refrigerated
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.