Crispy oven roasted potatoes with yogurt chive dip. These are the BEST roasted potatoes with seasoned crispy skin and perfectly soft on the inside. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and whole30 compliant!
Roasted potatoes, baked potatoes, potato salad, potato fries, mashed potatoes… Potato, POTATO, potato! Can we ever get enough of this delicious starch?
The answer is no!
In fact, I believe that everyone should have a reliable potato recipe to switch between the other starchy sides, or simply a potato recipe that you crave as a snack or next to a juicy steak.
These roasted potatoes are my go-to crave worthy recipe because they are super crispy and soft on the inside. These crispy oven roasted potatoes are served with a delicious dairy-free, whole30 approved yogurt chive dip.
I strongly recommend that you parboil for the reasons explained below. Season the potatoes generously for extra flavor, and feel free to adjust the heat by adding chili powder 🙂
Should I boil potatoes before roasting them?
If you boil your potatoes for 10-12 minutes before roasting, the potatoes will turn out crispier on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside. If your potatoes are large I recommend that you cut your potatoes in half before boiling, but if they are small you can cook them whole.
Alternatively you can soak the potatoes overnight. This will help remove excess potato starch, which prevents fries from sticking together and helps achieve maximum crispness.
How do you roast potatoes without sticking them?
Rinsing the starch off of the cut potatoes before you roast them will prevent them from sticking to the pan. Pre-boiling potatoes for 10ish minutes will also help.
How do you keep roast potatoes crispy after cooking?
Do not cover the potatoes while they are hot or even warm, or they will go soggy. Also don’t keep roast potatoes hot in a low oven. Instead take them out of the oven when just ready and just perfect, and either serve right away or let them cool completely before storing away.
what to serve with roasted potatoes?
If you make these Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond to all your comments. Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram for a special shutout and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lb russet or yukon potatoes
- 1 tsp each, garlic powder, paprika, oregano
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground pepper
yogurt chive dip
- 5 oz coconut yogurt DF, whole30
- 1 tbsp chive, thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- squeeze lemon juice
- Boil whole potatoes for 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool off
- Pre-heat oven to 450F degrees.
- When cooled to touch, cut potatoes in quarters
- Generously season the potatoes with garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes for 20-25 minutes, turning them once half way through
- Meanwhile, whisk the yogurt dip ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh chives and serve with yogurt dip
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.