Crispy, crunchy, cheesy, and loaded with garlic flavor, this Air Fryer Garlic Bread is easy to make and absolutely delicious. This family favorite garlic bread recipe is always a hit on pasta nights!
Table of Contents
If you’ve never thought to make garlic bread in the air fryer you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how evenly it cooks up for a crispy exterior and soft and chewy interior.
What does an air fryer do?
This handy kitchen appliance has been around since 2010 and has completely transformed the way we cook. This easy to use, time saving kitchen tool uses a unique hot air technology that cooks food up evenly and quickly.
From dinner to desserts, the air fryer cooks or bakes up your food so that it is moist and tender on the inside with a crispy outside. This technology is especially good for foods you’d typically fry in oil as the air fryer crisps it up without the food getting greasy from absorbing the oil.
If you’d like to give the air fryer a try, here are a few recipes to choose from.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Simple: Just a few easy to follow steps and you’ll be munching on some crispy garlic bread.
Customizable: Add more or less garlic, change the bread, add some herbs and make it your own.
Ingredients For This Easy Garlic Bread Recipe
- French baguette – A French baguette has a nice crispy exterior and a soft and fluffy interior.
- Butter – Unsalted butter is best for this garlic bread as the parmesan cheese adds saltiness.
- Olive oil – Extra virgin is best but any kind will work.
- Parmesan cheese – Use freshly grated or shredded parmesan cheese for the best flavor.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic cloves, pressed, add the best garlic flavor. Use garlic paste if you don’t have fresh garlic.
- Parsley – Freshly chopped parsley adds a pop of color and enhances the flavor.
How To Make Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
Step 1: Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, stir in olive oil, garlic and parsley and then add the parmesan cheese and mix to combine.
Step 2: Slice the baguette cross-wise using a sharp bread knife. See below for how to slice a long bread evenly and without injury.
Step 3: Spread garlic herb butter onto the baguette and then cut the baguette so it fits your air fryer basket.
Step 4: Cook in air fryer until cheese has melted and the bread turns golden brown. Sprinkle fresh parsley over hot garlic bread and serve immediately.
how to slice a baguette
While slicing a baguette may sound easy and simple (and it is!) you can end up with uneven slices or worse, slicing a finger! Here are my tips to slice a baguette evenly and without injury;
- It’s important to always use a sharp knife. A dull knife can slip due to the extra force you put in and you’ll end up hurting yourself, while a sharp knife will reliably sink straight into what you are slicing.
- If you’re right handed, place your left hand on top of the baguette for extra support.
- Tilt your head as you slice the bread to better determine if the slices are uneven and then adjust the knife placement accordingly.
Tips and Variations
Don’t overlap the bread. For each slice to crisp up, the bread slices mustn’t cover each other. If need be, do two batches if you can’t fit all the bread in one batch.
Make it dairy free. If you don’t tolerate dairy, pick up some non dairy butter and non dairy parmesan cheese and make up a batch of vegan garlic bread.
Switch up the bread. Though baguette garlic bread tastes great, any bread will work. Try using ciabatta, sourdough or an Italian bread.
Modify the crisp level. Feel free to cook the garlic bread baguette based on how crispy you like it. For a softer bread cook a little less for a more crisp bread cook a little more.
It doesn’t take too long to cook garlic bread in the air fryer. Depending on how thick your bread is it can take between 5-10 minutes to make this simple garlic bread recipe.
Yes, if you want to heat up your leftovers you can use the air fryer. It shouldn’t take more than 2-3 minutes to reheat it.
Make sure to spread the garlic butter evenly on each slice of bread, going all the way to the edge so you have a consistent flavor and crispiness.
Make Ahead and Storage
Make Ahead: To make this garlic bread ahead of time you can prepare it and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, place back in the air fryer or toast it in the toaster oven. You can microwave it but it will not get as crisp.
Storage: Store uneaten garlic bread in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freeze for 3 months.
Note, however, that frozen bread may get freezer burn so it’s best to eat it before 3 months. No need to thaw before toasting or air frying again. Just remove from the freezer and place directly in the toaster oven or air fryer.
KITCHEN Tools USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Air Fryer, this is the exact air fryer I use.
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels 8-Inch Stainless Steel Bread knife
- Acacia Wood Cutting Board with Handle (similar)
Looking for more bread recipes?
- Instant Pot No Knead Artisan Bread
- French Bread Dinner Rolls
- Quick Sandwich Bread
- Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Honey Oat Bread
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 1 French baguette
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in olive oil, garlic and parsley.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese and mix well to combine.
- Slice baguette across using a bread knife (see tips on how to slice a long bread evenly and without injuries)
- Spread garlic herb butter over the two long slices of baguette, then cut the baguette to fit into your air fryer basket.
- Cook in air fryer at 450F degrees for 5-7 minutes until cheese has melted and bread is golden brown.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley over hot garlic bread and serve immediately.
- pressed garlic is best for this recipe, garlic paste works too!
- use unsalted butter since the parmesan cheese is plenty salty.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.