Easy 10-minute Salted Chocolate Almond Butter with added dark chocolate collagen for a healthy boost and delicious flavor that you won’t be able to put the jar down!
If you have been considering ditching the jar-ed nut butter because of it’s price tag, or maybe because there are far too many added ingredients or you simply can’t find one you like, then this recipe is for you!
Truth is making nut butter is a lot easier then you think. I also find the process extremely enjoyable. Watching the nuts (almonds in this case) go from dry whole almonds, to almond bits to a gorgeous creamy almond butter in just 10 minutes is very satisfying!
Check out these AMAZING sauces that will replace (and taste a lot better) then the store bought ones!
What’s The Hype About Nut Butter?
Nut butters are AMAZING in so many ways. They provide with a chunk load of nutrition, they help control blood sugar, lower cholesterol, it’s brain food, they taste amazing and so much more!
While years ago Americans heavily relied on peanut butter, today you are probably seeing a lot more people reaching for the almond butter jar, or finding almond butter related products on the shelves.
In which case I would like to point out a few ideas...
Fun Ways To Use Your Almond Butter
- Almond butter shakes - this pricey protein drink you get at the gym can easily be made at home
- Make your own version of Justin's chocolate almond butter cups!
- Or almond butter bombs! They are super healthy and perfect for a midday snack
- You can also add to your favorite recipes such as oatmeal or smoothie bowls
- Use it as a healthy dip for your fruit
- Add to baking (cookies, banana bread, brownies)
- And off course, eating as is with your morning toast
But perhaps the BEST part about making your own almond butter is that you get to control what goes in. For me this is a great opportunity to add collagen and a bit of flavor such as chocolate, not in an overwhelming way because I still want to taste the almonds. Adding a pinch of sea salt ties the flavors together in the most perfect and satisfying way.
But let’s take a step back and learn more about collagen and why I add to my almond butter
Collagen is a protein found in the skin and other connective tissues. As we age our body decreases production of collagen and therefore we start to see wrinkles, have less flexibility in the joints, lifeless hair, weak nails, loss of bone density and more.
Adding Vital Proteins Collagen to my diet has become an important daily practice for my health, just as much as exercising, getting a good sleep and eating clean. And because Vital Proteins Collagen comes in various flavors (and unflavored too!), it’s very easy to add to my meals, recipes and drinks.
In this recipe I used Vital Protein Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Collagen which added a nice chocolate flavor and lots of collagen to my almond butter. I still kept the recipe simple with few ingredients, exactly how I like it, but very powerful and nutritious.
To learn more about Vital Proteins, the benefits of this important protein in our body and grab a bottle of collagen visit their website!
Salted Chocolate Almond Butter
- 16 oz raw unsalted almonds
- 3 scoops Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate & Blackberry Collagen Peptides
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Process almonds (only) in a high speed blender stopping several times to scrape the sides of the blender. Almonds will be very dry in the beginning but as they break down the oils, it will become creamy. Keep on blending and scraping for about 8-9 minutes or until the mixture start to form a paste-like consistency.
- Add in the Vital Protein Dark Chocolate & Blackberry, melted coconut oil and sea salt. Continue to blend until completely smooth. This process should take about 10 minutes. When done, store almond butter in a jar or air tight container.
This post is in collaboration with Vital Proteins but all opinions expressed here are my own.
This looks and sounds amazing! and so easy to make! what a great recipe 🙂
Silvia Ribas says
Thank you so much Albert! Yes, this is an easy and fun recipe to make, plus it comes with big savings if you compare to the price of a good high quality almond butter in a store 🙂