SHRIMP CORN SKILLET and farmer’s market onions grilled with sweet corn, topped with feta cheese and cilantro!
Summer is about to be over but my kitchen is in no hurry to to rid of all the amazing farmer’s market produce and seafood galore! This insanely delicious SHRIMP CORN SKILLET is basically summer on a pan! Large jumbo shrimp marinated in fresh lemon juice, farmer’s market onions grilled with sweet corn, these flavors come together in a tasty skillet meal, topped with feta and cilantro.
This unbelievably flavorful shrimp corn skillet comes together in less than half hour and it will please any crowd, whether your are a cooking for your family or gathering some friends on the weekend.
DO YOU LOVE SHRIMP? TRY THESE FAVORITE SHRIMP DISHES:
Sun Dried Tomato Shrimp Fettuccini
grilling the vegetables
For this recipe I’m using a 12’’ cast iron griddle much like this one. The cast iron griddle gives the food that grilled look and taste to it, which is why I love it so much. Also, it’s a very durable skillet and you can use for many things like this Grilled Cheese.
In this recipe I grill the vegetable by themselves because they will require more cooking than the shrimp.
See recipe instructions for how to prepare the onion and corn kernels. Simply heat olive oil and add those to the griddle. The onion does not need to be turned but the corn will need to be stirred a couple times. Cook until the onions and corn look like they just came from the grill!
sautéing the shrimp
It doesn’t take much to flavor a good shrimp. My handy dandy smoked paprika is almost always my go-to spice, in addition to a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. The fresh lemon juice will do the trick and bring up the shrimp flavor.
Simply sauté the shrimp on the hot griddle for about 3-5 minutes on each side. I personally tend to cook for 5 mins on each side as I like seeing those browned bits on the edge of the shrimp. Add some garlic and BOOM!
Somebody is going to be knocking on the door to see what you are cooking girl 🙂
I have served this delicious Shrimp Corn Skillet with sautéed zucchini and corn on the cob. Some fresh bread and olive oil for dipping and a green salad will take this meal to the next level!
Shrimp Corn Skillet
- 2 lb large shrimp
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large farmer's market onions greens attached
- 2 ear corn on the cob
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- (Shrimp Prep) In a large zipper bag, add shrimp, lemon juice and season with salt, pepper and paprikal. Zip the bag tight and shake to coat the shrimp evenly. Set aside (3 mins)
- (Onion Prep) Peel outter layer of farmer's market onions and trim the roots. Keeping greens still attached, slice the onion in half lenghtwise. Set aside (5 mins)
- (Corn Prep) Hold the tip of the cob, and using a sharp knife, slice down along the cob to remove the kernels. Set aside (5 mins)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. When the skillet is very hot place the onion halves, cut side down and corn kernels on the skillet. Saute for 10-12 minutes or until the onions and corn start to develop skillet or grill-like marks. You don't need to turn the onions but you will need to stir the corn occasionally. When done, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in skillet. Toss in shrimp and garlic. Make sure they are not overleaping and are all cooking evenly. About 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Now add in the onions and corn. If needed squeeze fresh lemon juice at this time. Taste to adjust seasoning. Remove from heat. Top with feta cheese and cilantro. Serve wtih a side of vegetables like sauteed zucchini and corn on the cob!
I made this just with regular yellow onions since I didn’t have access to the other type and it was excellent. The feta was a nice touch. Highly recommend
Silvia Ribas says
So happy to hear that you enjoyed my shrimp corn skillet recipe Tom, and thanks so much for your review!