Easy Healthy Spicy Shrimp Tacos. These tacos are DELICIOUS and super nutritious too! (Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Soy-Free)
So it’s the week of Cinco de Mayo, for me a day simply isn’t enough so I make sure to drag it all week long. Luckily the kids love a good ol’ Mexican dinner just as much as I do, so that’s never a problem.
Earlier this week we started our celebration with a full blown feast! I made this Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice and my favorite Mexican Refried Beans along with Steak Fajitas. I mean… it doesn’t get much better right?
Actually, it can!
That’s because nothing screams Cinco de Mayo more than TACOS!! Better yet, SHRIMP TACOS! Sure Steak Tacos are pretty awesome too but Shriiiimmp!
These Shrimp Tacos are super delicious and nutritious. It has a lot of flavor without a boat load of sauces, it’s spicy, tangy and absolutely addicting!
For this recipe I used these grain-free tortillas, wild shrimp, organic avocado and tomatoes, micro greens and pickled beets (shredded if you can find it). Off course, I added lots of spices and fresh lime juice which adds the perfect finish to our tacos.
Whether you are celebrating Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday or simply want a flavorful easy dish to enjoy with friends or a quick and delicious weeknight dinner, these Shrimp Tacos will deliver on it’s promise!
If you make these Spicy Shrimp Tacos, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond to all your comments. Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram for a special shutout and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
other delicious Mexican recipes to try are;
Spicy Shrimp Tacos (Grain-Fee)
- 1 lb wild caught shrimp
- 6 each grain-free tortillas
- 3 whole avocado
- 1/2 cup pickled beets
- 2 cups micro greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 tbsp each; chili, paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice, divided
- 1 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- In a large skillet heat oil and add in shrimp. Sauté for 2-3 minutes then start adding seasoning; salt, pepper, chili, paprika. Sauté until shrimp is fully cooked and skin is golden brown, about 12-14 minutes. When done add lime juice and stir.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado and season with a pinch of sea salt and 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- In a separate non-stick skillet, heat tortilla wraps on both sides, about 1 minute on each side.
Arranging the Shrimp Tacos
- Add a layer of guacamole, followed by micro greens and pickled beets. Top with shrimp and tomato. Season with fresh lime juice and serve.