BEST Shrimp Salad Sandwich served on a soft brioche bun. Fresh flavors such as dill, crunchy celery and lemon dill mayo makes this sandwich a delicious addition to your summer menu!
Summer is here, and the ONE thing I mostly obsess over is getting a lot of outdoor time. This means adjusting my meals accordingly, which is why I’ve been practically living off of this Shrimp Salad Sandwich.
It’s no secret I absolutely love shrimp. When I made this Shrimp Meal Prep I ate it all week, and that’s a stretch for me. Not to mention this Shrimp Spaghetti Aglio olio , my two favorite foods together in one pot! So this Shrimp Salad has been the cherry on top of my summer!
Check out this Easy One Pot Shrimp Boil!
This shrimp salad is MEGA easy to make, and that’s no exaggeration! I do have a couple secrets to share that will make a difference when it comes to this rather bland dish. DILL! Lots and lots of fresh dill!!
1. Step one
Boil the shrimp for one minute in a salty and lemon-y pot of water then transfer to an ice bucket to stop it from cooking any further. I found a bag of tiny shrimp at my grocery store which was absolutely perfect but all frozen cooked shrimp will work.
2. Step two
Dilute the mayo with lemon. Some people might use wine, but I am trying to feed kids here 🙂 Lemon works perfect and add that nice tangy taste to it. Add lots and lots of fresh dill, pepper and a bit of dijon mustard and BOOM! Magic is done!
3. Step Three
Add fresh celery and red onion. CLASSICS! That crunchy final taste is what you’re looking for.
This Shrimp Salad is absolutely delicious, I simply can’t say enough about this dish. You can serve it as is, or on a fresh lettuce for a lighter meal, and off course serve on a soft brioche bun and bring it wherever your summer takes you!
Shrimp Salad Sandwich
- 2 lb frozen, pre-cooked tiny shrimp any size will work
- 1 whole lemon, plus 2 tbsp
- 1 cup avocado mayo
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, thinly minced
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup celery, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 6 whole brioche buns
- Bring a large pot to a boil. Add one lemon sliced in quarters and salt. When boiling add in shrimp and cook for 1 minute (no longer). Using a slotted spoon remove shrimp from pot and transfer to an ice bucket.
- In a medium bowl add the mayo and lemon juice. Whisk to thin out the mayo. Add fresh dill, black pepper and dijon mustard. Whisk to combine. Set aside
- Chop the celery and red onion into really small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix the shrimp, mayo and chopped celery and red onion. Fold to combine.
- When ready to serve, slice the brioche buns half way through and add a few generous scoops of shrimp salad.
- Refrigerate any leftover in an airtight container. Use within 3 days.