Loaded with flavor, this Instant Pot Mediterranean Potato Salad has it all; potatoes, onions, feta, olives, capers and lots of herbs!
Perfect for a warm summer’s day. Take it along for a picnic, pot luck, barbeque or just enjoy at home with your favorite summertime meals.
Table of Contents
You know summer is pretty darn close when you start to crave cold foods in all shapes and forms. This happens because your body is seeking to balance it’s internal temperature with cold foods (and drinks!)
Does this make sense? I know that for the most part we tend to just ride the waves of our ever-changing cravings but there is a reason behind it all.
I also love making fruit salads, especially when there is an abundance of fresh summer produce, like this Watermelon Feta Salad , Tropical Summer Salad and this Cantaloupe Peach Salad because they are fun, can double as dessert, are kid-friendly and super hydrating!!
What you need to make this instant pot Mediterranean potato salad with capers
For this recipe you will need a steamer fitted for your instant pot. This is the steamer I use and love it!
- Yellow potatoes -I used cubed yellow potatoes, with the peel. You can also use mini potatoes or whatever potatoes you happen to have on hand, cubed.
- Red onion – I used a red onion to add a bit of color but you can use white onions, chives or green onions.
- Olives – I used sliced black olives to add some saltiness but if you prefer green olives, use those instead.
- Feta cheese – Feta cheese also adds saltiness and a savory flavor.
- Capers – Capers are optional but add a nice savory flavor.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise helps bring the potato salad together. You can use any kind you like.
- Dill – Fresh, chopped dill complements the flavors of this potato salad well.
- Cilantro – Cilantro adds another dimension of flavor but if you are cilantro averse you can use parsley.
- Seasoning – You will need salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, and also a drizzle of olive oil.
How to make mediterranean potato salad
- Fill the bottom of an instant pot with water, about 1-2 cups.
- Add cubed and seasoned potatoes to the steamer. Top with sliced red onions.
- Cover the pot and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes, followed by 5-minutes of NPR then release remaining pressure, if any left.
- Meanwhile whisk the mayo, olive oil and fresh dill to a creamy consistency.
- When the potatoes are done, add remaining ingredients (olives, feta, capers) and stir in dill mayo.
- Top with fresh cilantro and season to taste.
Tips and Variations
- Cut the potatoes the same size – Make sure to cube the potatoes the same size so they cook at the same pace. If some cubes are smaller than others you may end up with mushy potatoes.
- Use fresh herbs – Fresh herbs add color, texture and an incredible taste so opt to use fresh instead of dried.
- Add in more veggies – If you love a veggie loaded potato salad feel free to add diced bell peppers, corn or whatever you have on hand.
It takes about 7 or so minutes to cook potatoes in the instant pot, depending on how big they are.
Yes, I recommend you wait for the potatoes to cool for about half an hour or so before making the salad.
Make ahead and storage
You can easily make this salad a few days in advance and keep it in the fridge. This potato salad will keep for 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. I don’t recommend freezing this potato salad in instant pot.
If you are looking for more cool summertime salad recipes try one of these:
- Strawberry Avocado Shrimp Salad
- Mediterranean Hummus Salad
- Simple Chickpea Salad
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Garden Fresh Tortellini Pasta Salad
If you make this Instant Pot Mediterranean Potato Salad recipe, I’m sure it will be one of your favorite mediterranean potato salad recipes so be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a start rating! Also, don’t forget to tag GITK on Instagram for a special shutout and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
Instant Pot Mediterranean Potato Salad
- 5 cups yellow potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup olives
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp capers (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, thinkly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro
- Wash the potatos thoroughly since we won't be peeling off the skin. Cut into cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1-2 cups of water to the bottom of theinstant pot. Then add potatoes to a fitted instant pot steamer. Top with sliced red onions.
- Cook on HP for 2 minutes followed by 5 minutes of NPR. Then release remaining pressure if any left
- While the potatoes are cookin whisk mayo, olive oil and dill until creamy. Set aside
- Whent the potatoes are done add in olives, feta and capers. Season with oregano and pepper flakes.
- Stir in dill mayo until evenly covered. Garnish with fresh cilantro
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.