Instant Pot Mediterranean Potato Salad with olives, fresh feta cheese and capers, lightly coated with avocado oil mayo!
You know summer is pretty darn close when you start to crave cold foods in all shape and form. While the sizzling sound of a grill can be very appealing, what our body really TRULY crave is a contrast to the outside temps.
By no means I am suggesting that you skip the grill altogether, simply because summer wouldn’t be the same without it, but rather to balance out a hot meal with cold sides, salads, fruit and hydrating drinks!
INSTANT POT RECIPES THAT CAN BE SERVED COLD
How to Make Instant Pot Potato Salad
Making potato salad in your instant pot is as easy as boiling water. You simply add the potatoes (already cut) into the pot and enough water to cover. I also like to add chopped onions for extra flavor but that’s totally optional. Some people like the onion raw for a crunchy texture while others prefer to cook to remove the bitterness.
What’s great about making instant pot potato salad is that you don’t overheat the kitchen by turning the stove or oven on. The instant pot retain all heat and pressure in while cooking potatoes in 3 quick minutes!
The Classic v. The New
Whether you make your potato salad on the stovetop, grill, oven or IP, this Mediterranean Potato Salad is a recipe you’re going to want to eat over and over again. Forget all the other mixings and fixings out there, you’ll be stuck to this mediterranean potato salad like toasted marshmallow on crackers.
To make this Mediterranean Potato Salad I used a block of fresh feta cheese and crumbled into delightful bite size pieces, just enough to add texture and flavor to the potatoes. The capers and olives also add quite a bit of flavor as well as the oregano. All of the ingredients gets folded into a light avocado oil based mayo diluted with one tablespoon of olive oil to thin out the dressing.
Overall, this is a lighter and more flavorful potato salad and the perfect side dish for your summer cooking!
Instant Pot Mediterranean Potato Salad
- 5 cups yellow potato, cubed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup mixed olives, halved
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 handful fresh parsley (or cilantro)
- Wash potatoes thoroughly since we won’t be peeling the skin. Cut into bite sizes and add to the pot. Also add chopped onion and 3 cups of water. Cover and seal the valve and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. When done, quickly release all pressure and remove the potatoes from the pot and allow it to cool off.
- While the potato is cooking, grab a small glass bowl and add in mayo and olive oil, mix to combine and set aside. Also slice the olives in half and chop the parsley.
- When the potato is almost completely cooled off, add the olives, capers and feta cheese, season with oregano, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper to taste. Add the mayo and gently fold. Top with fresh parsley.