This Instant Pot Mediterranean Potato Salad is loaded with good flavors like olives, capers, feta, red onions, olive oil and lots of herbs!
You know summer is pretty darn close when you start to crave cold foods in all shape and form. This happens because your body is seeking to balance it’s internal temperature with cold foods (and drinks!)
Does this make sense? I know that for the most part we tend to just ride the waves of our ever-changing cravings but there is a reason behind it all.
Besides this Instant Pot Mediterranean Potato Salad some of the other options for a cold side dish are; this Classic Pasta Salad or this Pesto Pasta Salad. I also LOVE making fruit salads like this Watermelon Feta Salad , Tropical Summer Salad and this Cantaloupe Peach Salad because they are fun, can double as dessert, they are kid-friendly and super hydrating!!
What you need to make this instant pot mediterranean potato salad
For this recipe you will need a steamer fitted for your instant pot. This is the steamer I use and love it!
As for the ingredients you will need yellow potatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese, capers (optional), mayo, dill and cilantro. For the seasoning you will need salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, and also a drizzle of olive oil.
How to make instant pot potato salad
- fill bottom of instant pot with water (about 1-2 cups)
- add cubed and seasoned potatoes to the steamer. Top with sliced red onions
- cover the pot and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes, followed by 5-minutes of NPR then release remaining pressure, if any left.
- meanwhile whisk the mayo, olive oil and fresh dill to a creamy consistency
- when the potatoes are done, add remaining ingredients (olives, feta, capers) and stir in dill mayo.
- top with fresh cilantro and season to taste
If you make this Instant Pot Mediterranean Potato Salad recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a start rating! Also, don’t forget to tag GITK on Instagram for a special shutout and/or a chance of being featured in my newsletter!
Instant Pot Mediterranean Potato Salad
- Instant pot
- 5 cups yellow potatos, cubed
- 1 red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup olives
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp capers (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, thinkly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro
- Wash the potatos thoroughly since we won't be peeling off the skin. Cut into cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1-2 cups of water to the bottom of theinstant pot. Then add potatoes to a fitted instant pot steamer. Top with sliced red onions.
- Cook on HP for 2 minutes followed by 5 minutes of NPR. Then release remaining pressure if any left
- While the potatoes are cookin whisk mayo, olive oil and dill until creamy. Set aside
- Whent the potatoes are done add in olives, feta and capers. Season with oregano and pepper flakes.
- Stir in dill mayo until evenly covered. Garnish with fresh cilantro