Easy Shrimp Spaghetti Aglio & Olio with fresh bites of tomato and pepper, lightly seasoned with garlic and topped with fresh parsley!
Every household should have a go-to easy meal that can provide with some nutrition, fulfillment and still be flavorful enough to make you want to go for seconds.
These are what I call life-saver easy meals, where otherwise you would find yourself in a muddy sticky situation, these meals can actually save the day.
Other Easy Dinner Options To Try:
A few weeks back I found myself in this very sticky situation that I refer to. We have had terrible weather which left us without power for two days. This was a mere day away from going on a vacation.
Vacation timing couldn’t been more appropriate (and certainly welcomed), but unfortunately I couldn’t say the same about the weather. With one day of light/power/heat… aka modern life living to fit in all the things that were put on hold AND pack + supervise packing six individuals, there was nooooo time to cook.
If we could only explain this to hunger, and perhaps convince this human need to check back another day…
Fear NEVER, for this easy 15-minute complete meal did in fact save the day!
To this shrimp spaghetti aglio & olio I added some bell peppers and a can of diced tomatoes. As you probably know by now, it is of my nature to add in veggies whenever I can, and that has always worked in my favor. The addition of chopped peppers and tomatoes gave this simple pasta dish more flavor and texture, and complemented the garlicky shrimp really well.
I worked on the shrimp aglio & olio while the pasta was cooking. This was simple, easy and a flavorful dinner was on the table in less then 20 minutes!
Shrimp Spaghetti Aglio & Olio
- 12 oz gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 1/2 lb peeled shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink (about 7-8 mins). Add pepper, garlic and can of diced tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes to soften the peppers and allow the flavors to mingle. Add reserved pasta water, give it a stir.
- Add pasta to shrimp skillet. Fold to combine. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.