Steak Taco topped with a delicious mango jalapeño salsa laid on a bed of shredded purple cabbage!
If you are one of the millions of faithful Mexican food lover, the good news is that Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner and it so happens to land on a Friday, woohoo!! Time for some major celebration, don’t you think?
However if you are a home body or don’t have plans to go out, I have a pretty damn delicious menu right up my sleeve, starting with this crowd impressing Spicy Nachos made in a sheet pan!
Thinking about Mexican food reminded me of the time I made an entire casserole of Black Bean Enchiladas with Homemade Enchilada Sauce and ate it all at once 🙂 but I did give 1(one) to my neighbor, so I am pretty sure I used this as an excuse to cover up any guilt, hahaha.
Now I am proud to introduce the classic of all things Mexican (drum roll please!) –>>TACOS!! But not just any Taco… a skirt steak taco topped with a delicious mango jalapeño salsa laid on a bed of shredded purple cabbage that’s totally irresistible!!
This recipe makes about 10 steak tacos or 8 fully loaded tacos just because you can (wink wink), perfect for a party, big family or someone capable of eating an entire enchilada casserole… But I am pretty sure you are not that person because if you were, you would run a food blog cuz that’s how obsessed you are with food and so you wouldn’t be reading MY blog. I know I got this one sooooo right! 🙂
Hey, Happy Cinco de Mayo! Eat, celebrate, then eat some more!!
Steak Tacos with Mango Jalapeño Salsa
- 8-10 soft tortillas
- 1 lb beef chuck skirt steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup mango cubed
- 2 small jalapeño or 1 large seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh cilantro
- sea salt
- Rub taco seasoning evenly on both sides of the steak. Marinate for an hour or longer if you have the time, otherwise do it just prior to cooking.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet and sauté the steak on both sides for about 5-8 minutes (each side) depending on your doneness preference. Once cooked remove from heat and set aside while you prepare the salsa. Meats need 5-10 minutes before cutting to lock in all the juices and flavors. Slice the steak into thin strips.
- Add all the ingredients to a small glass bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat both sides of the tortilla on a non-stick skillet. Place a layer of shredded cabbage followed by a generous serving of steak strips and top with mango jalapeño salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lemon juice. Serve
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.