Whole30 Paleo and Low-Carb Jalapeño Sliders topped with chipotle mayo, avocado and crispy bacon!
New year new you, so they say. While this sounds quite intimidating, when you put your vision/ goal into practical steps it can look a lot less intimidating and perhaps even fun! I know this because I decided to try the whole30 diet, and as apprehensive as I was in ‘mental preparation’ for it, once I started taking the steps (planning is the most important step!), I got really excited!
WHOLE30 PALEO LOW-CARB JALAPEÑO SLIDERS << no bun, no fun? most definitely not! These tasty sliders were a hit, and as much as I tried to ‘hide’ a few for the next day, they did not last among the others in my my family simple because they are so good!
In these bite-size healthy sliders there is the jalapeño component which gives the sliders flavor and a bit of a kick. If you can handle some heat use fresh diced jalapeño otherwise use canned preserved diced jalapeños. However, if you have sliced jalapeño or even jalapeño relish, make use of what you have in hand.
Next is the chipotle mayo, yuuumm!! I love that stuff on just about everything, and I am willing to bet you will love it too 🙂
SHORTCUT: sometimes I buy this whole30 approved chipotle lime mayo and sometimes I make my own. It’s easy; mayo + chipotle powder + lemon or lime juice!
Make room for some avocado, whole30 bacon, fresh cilantro and some type of wrap lettuce. I like to use iceberg, Boston or butter lettuce because they have a good hold which is a plus in recipe.
Lastly, you don’t have to fire up the grill or deal with winter weather to get these jalapeño sliders in your belly. I use this stove top griddle (that’s why you see grill marks on them), other times I use my indoor grill (I’ve shared this before on Instagram), or a good old cast iron skillet.
Can you resist? will you resist? Sometimes titles can be of disservice, especially when it comes to eating, so I recommend that while you may be following a particular ‘diet’ don’t let the titles restrict you. Look at the ingredients and try to create amazing-looking mega-appetizing foods for your belly (and soul!).
you will want to serve this recipe with:
If you make these whole30 paleo low-carb jalapeño sliders, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Whole30 Paleo Low-Carb Jalapeño Sliders
- stove top griddle or cast iron skillet
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp jalapeño (fresh or preserved) diced
- 1 tsp each, smoked paprika garlic and onion powder
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp whole30 aproved mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 3 1/2 slices sugar-free bacon
- 1/2 whole avocado
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 7 leaves Iceberg, Boston or butter lettuce
- Heat a stove top griddle or cast iron skillet, prepping it with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add the meat, jalapeño and spices. Mix well to combine.
- Using an ice cream scooper grab enough meat to fill the scooper cavity, this way all the sliders will be equal in size. Form in to a ball in and then press it down to flatten between your hands.
- Cook the sliders for about 3-5 minute on each side, depending on your preference. Do make sure the griddle or skillet is hot enough, you should hear a sizzle once your place the meat on it.
- Using a pair of kitchen scisors cut the bacon in half. On a separate skillet cook the bacon slices, according to package instructions. Then quickly transfer to a paper towel to absorb the remaining fat/ grease.
- In a small bowl whisk to combine the mayo, chipotle powder and lemon juice. Set aside
- Arrange the lettuce wraps on a serving platter. Cut the avocado into thing strips, remove skin.
- Place each slider on a lettuce wrap. Top with chipotle mayo, avocado, bacon and cilantro.