Homemade Gluten-Free Banana Bread with crunchy bites of candied walnut, topped with a warm cinnamon banana.
Walking into your kitchen and being greeted by the sweet smell of (very) ripe bananas can only mean one thing. Banana Bread!
Being wasteful isn’t something I enjoy.
On my worse days I try to peel, slice or cut all fruit (and some veggies) to freeze for smoothies, soups, broth or my mother’s backyard chickens.
On better days I turn them into baked goods.
...Like these baked items that are packed with fruits and veggies;
Needless to say I’ve had many Banana Bread days, like that time when I casually whipped up this Double Chocolate Banana Bread and decided snap a few shots because it was so pretty... Pretty delicious I would say, and agreed by many others.
Bottom line is, make banana bread friends!! That ol’ spotted smelly banana that’s sitting on your counter can be your family’s breakfast and snack!
I usually know when time is right by the disgust look on my kids’ face whenever they see a brown banana sitting around 🙂 Lastly, I’ll say this, of all the things that my mother-in-low got me into (like rummikub, dancing with the stars and ironing clothes) adding nuts to my banana bread is probably my favorite!
I hope you and your family will enjoy this delicious gluten-free banana bread with candied walnuts, topped with a warm cinnamon banana.
Banana Bread with Candied Walnuts (Gluten-Free)
- 3 whole ripe bananas, mashed (+1 banana on top)
- 3 large cage-free eggs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees. Place fitted parchment paper inside a 9x5 loaf pan and spray with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl add first five ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- In a second bowl add dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into egg mix and stir until the batter is uniform. Fold in candied walnuts
- Pour banana bread batter into loaf pan. Top with a whole banana (sliced the long way), oats and cinnamon sprinkles.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes on the top rack (assuming the heat is coming from below). When top is golden brown insert a fork to make sure it is cooked all the way through.
- Remove from oven and let banana bread cool off before slicing.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #GardenInTheKitchen. I’d love to see what you cook!