Creamy Brazilian Hot Cocoa; this thick, creamy, rich and irresistible hot cocoa will melt all your cravings away!
Is there hot cocoa in a tropical country? hey, no worries... I would be wondering the same thing too, haha. So obviously we have winter and yes, it's very mild. But when you don't know how cold is freezing, then our winter feels pretty chili.
It took me yeeears to get used to this New England weather and now I actually look forward to it. I truly enjoy having four seasons, each so beautiful in their own unique way and the best part is, each season brings it's own culinary traits which is a perfect excuse for me to enjoy food even more 🙂
Back to my Brazilian winter days, we had hot cocoa to warm up from brrr cold weather. However, our Brazilian hot cocoa wasn't just any hot cocoa, oh no no no... it was the best, creamiest, rich and thick hot cocoa in all the galaxy! I mean, it was like drinking a melted chocolate bar. No joke!
Brazil is indeed, one chocolate loving country! Did you know that Brazil is among the four largest producers and consumers of chocolate in the world ? Crazy stuff ha?? oh it gets better... According to this article here, there are about 50 thousand cocoa farmers in Brazil and 50% of them are located in the state of Bahia >> I'm from BAHIA!! So it make sense that we have so much chocolate, and by that I mean real chocolate, to be melting into thick 'n creamy hot cocoa.
Let me tell ya, this Brazilian hot cocoa is pretty damn good! Even my friend the Snowman is enjoying a mud bath in this thick creamy hot cocoa. Am I right?
I would strongly suggest that you either make this recipe now or soon, otherwise you will regret every day that went by without this pleasure in your life... just saying!
So if you casually came across this recipe and your eyes popped out of its socket, you need this!! Grab and run girl (or guy, love my male community!) but please SHARE along the way, as it would be greatly appreciated (links to all social media platform below)
Creamy Brazilian Hot Cocoa
- 3 cups milk (can be dairy-free)
- ¼ - ⅓ cup condensed milk more or less, depending of preference
- 4 tablespoon 100% cocoa powder (not hot chocolate mix)
- 1 shot espresso optional but a must try
- Heat the milk in saucepan over medium-low heat for about 5 mins.
- Once the milk is warm stir in cocoa powder and condensed milk. Stir until well incorporated.
- Finally stir in espresso shot, cover and lower heat to a simmer.
- Once hot cocoa is almost to a boil, remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Marshmallow Snowman (as seen in photos)
- Whipped cream and crushed peppermint
- Cinnamon stick for stirring while you drink