These Gluten-Free Strawberry Crumble Bars are mega delicious and easy to make. A tasty healthy snack for back-to-school lunches or afternoon treat for the whole family!
August is here, and for most families this means back-to-school planning and preparing. Not that there is ever enough one can do to be fully prepared to take-off on a smooth ride, as it never is... there are things you can do to help -yourself and all parties involved, and have a little fun!
I find that when it comes to all matters of the heart, an extra layer of effort gets added on top. The kids are getting older and moving on, sweet summer is coming to an end, and the endless pile of school work (for both kids + parents), sports, extra curriculum activities, religious education and social events will soon take over our lives!
Now, that’s a roller coaster ride I am never fully ready and prepared to go on! How about you?
However, we parents are courageous creatures. Ready or not, we buckle ourselves in for the ride and do it with a smile!
Soooooo, to help you (and me!) tip-toe into the water without making waves, I made these delicious Strawberry Crumble Bars that are mega delicious, easy to make and are preciously gluten-free, if that’s something you need to consider, otherwise just enjoy a little less gluten in your life 🙂
These Strawberry Crumble Bars are perfect to pack in your kid’s lunches, but they also make for a tasty easy breakfast or mid-afternoon snack.
This is a recipe that BOTH parents and kids will enjoy, with not a lot of sugar and lots of reasons to try!
Gluten-Free Strawberry Crumble Bars
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a 9x9 baking pan, leaving extra parchment on the sides to make it easy to remove bars from the pan.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients (5 first ingredients) to combine.
- Melt butter and add in vanilla extract, whisk to combine.
- Add butter to dry ingredients and mix using a wooden spoon, until equally moist. The mixture will still be crumby. Reserve ½ cup for later.
- Pour crumby mixture in to the prepared pan and press it down and into the sides. Arrange strawberries slices side-by-side on top of the crumby oat mixture. Sprinkle white sweetener/ sugar over the strawberries. Top with remaining oat crumbs and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Drizzle strawberry crumble bars with vanilla glaze