This Maple Chia Overnight Oats is an incredibly healthy and effortless breakfast option for your busy mornings! Top with granola, fresh berries, nut butters and a drizzle of honey and you are good to go!
At some point you probably came across the idea of overnight oats and quickly figured out that, it is basically oats soaked in milk overnight, am I right? I mean, the name in itself doesn’t leave room for much to wonder.
You got an A+ friends!
So I am totally going to skip, hop and jump over what you already know and will tell you what makes Overnight Oats the latest greatest, the it-food, the thing you will want to eat right now!
The Overnight Magic!
I can’t think of too many food that will practically work itself ready and literally appear in front of your eyes without much of an effort, not to mention it being healthy too! In fact, I can’t thing of any! Which is why overnight oats are an amazing and reliable source of quick nourishment for your busy mornings.
As a food blogger and busy Mom, I am always looking for ways to ease my morning routine and although there are some things I have done and recommended over the years, like these incredibly delicious grab-and-go Strawberry Bars, they do require some effort, at some point, mostly in the form of make-ahead and meal-prep. Totally doable! But…
When I tell you ->there is no effort in making overnight oats<- I mean… okay, you are going to make the decision to eat oats in the morning and put 3-4 ingredients in a jar. That’s is!! By sunrise the oats will have softened, thickened, absorbed the flavors and will be ready to eat. I call this deliciously effortless! 🙂
Here are MORE reasons to love Overnight Oats;
- Healthy, nutritious, fulfilling and steady source of energy
- Oats are good food for your brain! (read more here)
- Works well with all milk options. I love mine with almond milk!
- keep it simple and follow this recipe or go all out by adding layers of joy!
- Add your favorite toppings! Some of my favorites are granola, berries, drizzle of honey, toasted coconut, fruit jams
- Curb your appetite with this power food! Oats keep you full longer, perhaps even skipping that often unhealthy mid-morning snack.
- Place all the ingredients in a jar. Close lid tight and shake until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to eat, top with toasted granola and a drizzle of honey. Other amazing toppings are berries, nut butter and maple caramelized figs.