This classic Chicken Broccoli Pasta is the perfect recipe for a week night meal. In less than 30 minutes, you can cook and serve this nourishing meal, making this an excellent choice for those busy nights on the go!
Hey, glad you are here! If you are new welcome, if you are returning… welcome back! There is something you should know about me, right off the bat. I don’t cook lengthy and complicated meals. However I do admire those that do. For me, at this stage in life, food needs to practically appear on the table.
Here is the reason why…
You see, I have two daughters, ages 11 and 13 (going on 17… hysterical phase tho!). My partner in crime, a.k.a Mr. Protein has two boys, ages 12 and 14. Together we are what many call, The Brady Bunch (minus two, plus two cats). As you can imagine, things can get pretty hectic around here, especially around dinner time when we are all scrambling trying to get out of the house to attend to the many sports and activities in which our kids participate. That’s when a meal like this classic chicken broccoli pasta comes in quite handy.
Last Monday, between the drop off and pick-ups, this chauffeur Mama had about 30 minutes to pull off a full meal to feed my hungry people. This must always include carbs, protein and vegetables. I quickly decided to make this meal because everyone loves and I can get it done is less than 30 minutes. This is by-the-way becoming our official Monday dinner, with the exception of the garlic herb butter sauce which I added as a treat because the kids were bagging to eat out and I know this is what they would have ordered 🙂
The point that I am trying to make is this; if you are looking for an easy and tasty meal to cook for your family… look no further! In addition to the delicious garlic herb butter sauce, which I have been completely obsessed with lately (I made a whole jar!), 30 minutes gave me enough time to cook and snap these photos. This recipe was totally unplanned, the last thing I want to do is to sneak blog work into my Monday night chaos, but let me just say this… boy, am I glad this happened!
Chicken Broccoli Pasta is for sure a classic combination that everyone loves. Kids, adults, fussy eaters … can’t turn down a tasty, simple and yet flavorful meal like this. The herb garlic butter adds a great compliment of flavors.
My sweet 11 year old daughter volunteered to hold the bowl for the pictures, so she earned the right to eat right off this blue dish, which is just a prop I use. In no time we were off to satisfy our hunger with this amazing nutritious meal.
Thank you reading this post, I hope this recipe has inspired you in the kitchen. Please check out this Lemon Orzo Primavera recipe, which is our favorite summer nigh easy meal.
Classic Chicken Broccoli Pasta
- 1 lb ziti or rigatoni pasta
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 medium size broccoli heads
- 1/2 cup fresh parmigiana reggiano cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt + pepper to taste
- In a small glass bowl add minced sage and garlic into the softened butter and mix with a spatula to combine. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Add the broccoli into the boiling pasta about 3-4 minutes before the pasta is fully cooked. Drain the pasta and broccoli and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron pan with olive oil and add the chicken. Cook the chicken both sides until slightly tender (about 3 minutes on each site). Add the butter and let it cook in medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and slice into bite size strips.
- In a big bowl combine the pasta and broccoli with the sliced chicken and pour over the butter sauce from the pan. Garnish with sea salt, pepper and lots of cheese. Serve warm