Garlicky Kale & Mushroom Spaghetti; pasta nights are always so tasty, even more so when added to your favorite greens and tossed in a flavorful garlicky sauce.
Pasta nights are honestly my favorite! At some point I must have been dropped on a ship from Italy to Brazil, because I do not have the rice and beans blood in me… haha. All jokes aside, I would easily trade in any meal (and often do!) for a good plate of pasta 🙂
But let’s be honest, if I ate bowls and bowls of pasta -soon enough all that heavy carbs would weigh in on me, and probably you too my friend. So, whether we like it or not… ‘definitely a not for me’, we must sort-of pick and choose when it comes to this delicious dish.
Luckily we have so many options to choose from when it comes to our beloved pasta, and I don’t know about you but I want to try them all! Have you tried any of the new stuff ??
Here are a few of my favorite kinds of healthy pastas:
- Quinoa Pasta
- Buckwheat Noodles
- Sprouted-Grain Pasta
- Spelt Pasta
- Brown Rice Pasta
Another “cheat” way to eating a healthier pasta is to cut down on the sauce or eliminate completely. Instead, try replacing it with with flavorful ingredients such as shallots and garlic. Believe me this sauce has so much flavor, you won’t be missing the heavier stuff at all.
The delicious aroma of shallots and garlic sautéing in a pan is simply irresistible! I like to also add a touch of greens, whether that be kale or collard greens, colorful peppers or lots of herbs. Either of these choices seems to complement and enhance the flavors is such a marvelous way, you won’t want to stop eating it.
Now folks it’s time to delight yourselves on this delicious and easy dish, filled with aromatic flavors and rather nutritional, so you can feel good about eating it too 🙂
Garlicky Kale & Mushroom Pasta
- 1 pk whole grain thin spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 whole shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms of choice, sliced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shaved parmigiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a skillet and add the shallots. Cook until fragrant, then add the garlic, mushroom and kale. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste and cover. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until just prior to a boil.
- Add the pasta to the garlic kale sauce and gently stir to combine. Adjuster the salt if needed and garnish with fresh parmigiano cheese to taste.