Instant Pot Creamy Alfredo Pasta is a quick and delicious set-and-forget-it meal. This family favorite is packed with veggies, protein, and carbs and is made from start to finish in the Instant Pot.
If my Classic Chicken Broccoli Pasta and Garlicky Creamy Alfredo Sauce had a baby, you’d get this hearty, delicious Creamy Instant Pot Pasta! Packed with bits of seasoned seared chicken breast, farfalle pasta, broccoli florets, and a rich homemade alfredo sauce, this quick and easy Instant Pot pasta is sure to become a new favorite!
Table of Contents
You and your family are going to love this easy Instant Pot Creamy Pasta because it’s:
- Comforting and cozy.
- Versatile; make it vegetarian or gluten free!
- Easy to make in the Instant Pot or on the stove.
- Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Perfect for family dinners or busy weeknights.
When you’re ready to dig in, this creamy pasta pairs perfect with a few simple side dishes, like my balsamic roasted beets, bacon wrapped asparagus, and honey roasted carrots. It’s even great for meal prep! Just pack up the leftovers and enjoy throughout the week. How great is that?
- Chicken breast – Chicken cooks really quickly when it’s chopped into bite-sized pieces. If you don’t have chicken breasts, use boneless chicken thighs or tenders instead. Want to save some time? Replace the raw chicken with leftover roasted chicken, a storebought rotisserie chicken, or pre-cooked shredded chicken. Add the pre-cooked chicken to the pot at the same time as the alfredo sauce ingredients and let it heat through.
- Chicken seasoning – All you need is an aromatic blend of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Farfalle pasta – Or any short-cut pasta noodle. Fettucini noodles can also be used and will give your dish a more classic feel.
- Chicken broth – I prefer to use low sodium broth, but any kind of storebought, homemade, or bone broth will work instead.
- Broccoli florets – Frozen or fresh both work well.
- Creamy alfredo sauce – This simple homemade alfredo sauce is easy to make with whole milk, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and butter. Do you love garlic? Feel free to swap this sauce for my Garlicky Creamy Alfredo Sauce instead.
How to make Instant Pot chicken alfredo
This classic chicken alfredo pasta is ready in just under 30 minutes thanks to the Instant Pot. The recipe makes enough to serve a crowd and only takes 6 easy steps:
Step 1: Heat the oil in the Instant Pot using Saute mode. Add the shallots, chicken, and seasoning mix, and saute until the chicken is cooked through.
Step 2: Stir the pasta and chicken broth into the pot. Turn off Saute mode.
Step 3: Seal the lid on the Instant Pot and pressure cook on High for 3 minutes. When the time is up, quickly release all of the pressure.
Step 4: Carefully remove the lid and turn on Saute mode once again.
Step 5: Add the alfredo sauce ingredients and the broccoli. Cook until the sauce has thickened and the broccoli is fork tender.
Step 6: Garnish the finished pasta with fresh parsley, then serve and enjoy!
If you don’t own an Instant Pot, you can easily make this recipe on the stove instead:
- Stir the alfredo sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Saute the chicken, shallots, and chicken seasonings together in an oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Toss the broccoli into the pot in the last 1-2 minutes of cooking, then drain.
- Toss the cooked pasta and broccoli, chicken and shallot mixture, and alfredo sauce together in a large pot or bowl, then serve!
- Gluten free – Replace the regular pasta with gluten free pasta like bean pasta or brown rice pasta.
- Vegetarian – Omit the chicken entirely, add chickpeas or extra vegetables in its place, or replace it with sauteed tofu, tempeh, or storebought vegetarian chicken.
- Different vegetables – Either replace the broccoli or add more veggies to the dish. Cooked squash, asparagus, cauliflower, green peas, mushrooms, or leafy greens would all be great choices.
- Low calorie alfredo sauce – Swap the cream out for half and half, reduce the amount of butter, and use ricotta cheese instead of cream cheese to create a lighter alfredo sauce.
Storing and reheating
To store: Store the leftover pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To reheat: Either reheat the leftovers in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove until warmed through. Keep some extra alfredo sauce on the side to mix in with the leftovers as they can dry out a little as they sit.
Looking for more easy pasta recipes?
- Tomato Basil Creamy Tortellini
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Pasta Skillet
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Garlicky Kale and Mushroom Pasta
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Instant Pot Creamy Alfredo Pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast or cutlets, cubed
- 16 oz farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each; onion and garlic powder, paprika and oregano
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- Turn instant pot on sauté mode. Add oil, shallots, chicken and all the seasoning. Stir to coat chicken with seasoning. Sauté for about 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add pasta and chicken broth. Give it a good stir.
- Turn off sauté mode. Cover the instant pot and seal the vent knob. Turn on high pressure for 3 minutes. When the time is up, quick release all pressure.
- Remove lid and turn on sauté mode. Add alfredo sauce ingredients and broccoli and stir. Cook for about 7-8 minutes stirring often.
- When done garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.