Instant pot creamy alfredo pasta with chicken and broccoli. This set-and-forget recipe is a family favorite, no leftovers guaranteed!
Get excited for this mind-blowing CREAMIEST instant pot Alfredo pasta with chicken and broccoli. This full recipe is an extension of my original Creamy Alfredo Sauce recipe which has been a favorite at my house for the past two years. BEST thing I ever did! The kids never get sick of it and there is rarely any leftovers.
With my handy-dandy jar of Alfredo Sauce I tried many variations of pasta and veggies, with and without protein, baked and stove-top, but this IP PASTA-CHICKEN-BROCCOLI is by large a winner. This is also a win for me because it’s a complete meal, meaning there is carbs, protein and veggies, done effortlessly in one pot.
This Instant Pot Alfredo Pasta is done in three easy steps. Like super easy, I promise! Whenever I hear the word ‘steps’ I instantly decide that it’s complicated but I promise, this is not the case here. Let’s get to it!
step 1. sauté the chicken
Because we know that it takes much longer to cook chicken than pasta, we are going to give the chicken a head start by sautéing with fragrant shallots, herbs and spices. The tiny cubes of chicken also helps to reduce the cooking time.
- Add EVOO
- Add chicken (cubed)
- Add shallots (minced)
- Add the herbs, spices and season with salt and pepper to taste
Cook for about 10-12 minutes stirring often, until the chicken starts to brown.
step 2. cook the pasta
- Add pasta (any shape)
- Add chicken broth
- Give it a good mix
- Cover the pot and seal
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes
- When done, quick release all pressure.
other amazing Instant Pot family favorite recipes
step 3. making the Alfredo sauce
- Turn the pot on sauté mode once again
- Add broccoli florets
- Add all the ingredients for the Alfredo sauce
- Using a wooden spoon, stir often to help dissolve the butter and cream cheese.
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Give it a taste and adjust ingredient as needed.
If you make this Instant Pot Alfredo Pasta, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Instant Pot Creamy Alfredo Pasta
- Instant pot
- 1 lb chicken breast or cutlets, cubed
- 16 oz farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each; onion and garlic powder, paprika and oregano
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- Turn instant pot on sauté mode. Add oil, shallots, chicken and all the seasoning. Stir to coat chicken with seasoning. Sauté for about 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add pasta and chicken broth. Give it a good stir.
- Turn off sauté mode. Cover the instant pot and seal the vent knob. Turn on high pressure for 3 minutes. When the time is up, quick release all pressure.
- Remove lid and turn on sauté mode. Add alfredo sauce ingredients and broccoli and stir. Cook for about 7-8 minutes stirring often.
- When done garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley and serve.