Need something healthy and delicious for weekly dinners or lunches? Turn to these Easy Keto Steak Meal Prep Bowls! Filled with juicy steak tips, cauliflower rice, kale, and red bell peppers, every bite is fresh and flavorful!
Disclosure: this recipe has been created in partnership with Awaken180° Weightloss and it is compliant with the program rules and recommendations. For more information please visit Awaken180° Weightloss.
Enjoy a simple and nutritious lunch or dinner every day with these Easy Keto Steak Meal Prep Bowls. Filled with juicy steak tips, cauliflower rice, and vegetables, every bite is fresh and vibrant.
All you need to make this easy keto meal prep recipe are a handful of simple ingredients, like:
- Cauliflower rice
- Red peppers
- And a handful of simple herbs and seasonings!
These steak and cauliflower rice bowls are flexible too! Pop a Stuffed Cabbage Roll or Zucchini Boat in the container for more substance or swap the steak tips for Grilled Churrasco Steak and Veggies. The options are endless!
You can also try these Gluten Free Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are a great go-to when you’re all out of ideas for healthy lunches! Made with simple ingredients, these easy bowls are packed with protein, flavor, and nutrients.
How to start meal prepping
Preparing your breakfast, lunches, dinners, and snacks days ahead of time is one of the best ways to save yourself some time and stress throughout the week. If you’re new to meal prepping, use these tips before you start cooking:
- Decide which meals or snacks you want to prepare BEFORE you start. Make a list of all the ingredients you’ll need first, then go shopping.
- Tackle meal prep on one day of the week. Sunday is a great day for meal prep because then everything is ready for the week ahead.
- Invest in some airtight, microwave-safe, and dishwasher-safe containers.
- When meal prepping lunches and dinners, make the protein source a priority. This can be anything from steak to chicken to salmon, or tofu and beans if you’re vegetarian. A high-protein meal will keep you fuller longer and help you stick to your goals!
Keto steak meal prep ingredients
- Steak tips - Steak tips (or “sirloin tips”) are usually cut from the tenderloin, round, or sirloin. If you’d like to save time, simply use some leftover steak you already have in the fridge and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Cauliflower rice - This low carb and keto-friendly alternative to regular white or brown rice is so delicious and full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. You can make your own homemade cauliflower rice or buy it frozen to keep the process quick and easy.
- Kale - Kale isn’t just for salads! This leafy green is bursting with vitamins and minerals and gives this meal prep bowl gorgeous pops of green. It’s cooked and wilted with cauliflower rice and bell peppers.
- Red bell pepper - Any color of bell pepper will work in this recipe. I like to use red bell peppers because they give the bowl more color and taste delicious when cooked.
- Lemon juice and parsley - To give the cooked cauliflower rice added brightness.
How to make easy keto steak meal prep bowls
Turn to this easy keto meal prep when you’re out of ideas! It’s easy to prepare, low carb, and full of nutrients. This recipe makes enough for 3 servings, so you won’t have to worry about making your lunch for at least a few days:
Step 1: Season the steak tips with sea salt and pepper.
Step 2: Heat some oil in a large skillet and cook the steak tips to your liking. Once they’re cooked through, transfer them to a plate and cover with foil.
Step 3: Next, add the cauliflower rice, kale, and red pepper to a saucepan. Cover with water, place the lid on top, and cook on medium low heat. When the vegetables are soft and the water has been absorbed, stir in the salt, pepper, paprika, parsley, and lemon juice.
Step 4: Scoop the cauliflower rice and vegetables into 3 meal prep containers and top each one with the steak tips. Garnish with a slice of lemon and parsley, then store the containers in the fridge until it’s time to eat.
Tips and variations
- Instead of cauliflower rice - Use any kind of grain you like, such as rice or quinoa, or top the steak over a green salad instead.
- Instead of steak - Top the cauliflower rice with this light and keto-friendly Mediterranean salmon.
- Season the steak - With even more flavor using homemade herb salt!
- Extra protein - Add chickpeas, broccoli, shrimp, potatoes, or squash to make each bite extra filling.
Storing and reheating
To store, keep the airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place a meal prep bowl in the microwave and heat for 1 or 2 minutes, or until the rice and steak are warmed through.
More healthy Awaken180° approved recipes to try for meal prep;
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Low Carb Keto Beef Stew
- Healthy Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers Soup
Easy Keto Steak Meal Prep
- 1 ½ lb steak tips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper
- 16 oz cauliflower rice
- 2 cups kale thinly chopped
- 1 whole red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup water
- 2 fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- fresh parsley
- Season steak cubes with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add steak and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, depending on preference (6 minutes for medium-rare, 8 minutes for well-done). Do not disturb the steak while cooking, only turning it once. When done transfer to a place and cover with foil.
- Meanwhile add cauliflower, kale and bell peppers to a sauce pan. Add water and cover. Cook on medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes. Then season with 1 teaspoon sea salt, fresh pepper and paprika. Also add fresh parsley and lemon juice. Stir well
- Make 3 meal prep containers with cauliflower kale rice and steak tips. Add a slice of lemon to each container and garnish with fresh parsley.
Wayne Kotsay III says
I love this recipe! I added a few more spices just because my palate told me to. No reason to give less than five stars though. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
Silvia Dunnirvine says
You are very welcome Wayne, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!
Love this…so simple and healthy. Very quick too! I usually eat lunch at home so this is perfect for meal prep. I did the beef tips in the air fryer which worked well.
Silvia Dunnirvine says
That's fantastic Anne, glad to hear it!